How often is it acceptable to text a guy first?

About a month ago this guy that I like and have known for a while texted me after we had seen each other at a holiday event. When we finished the conversation I said hope to talk to you soon, and he said he hoped it would be sooner rather than later. So I texted him the next day and we talked for a few hours. Everything seemed to be going swimmingly but then he didn't text me anymore after that. Not wanting to seem desperate, I didn't text him either.

A couple days ago I got my nerve up to text him and say hi. He responded and we ended up texting for 12 hours! And not just one word answers but he sent like 6 texts at a time, asked questions, etc. He obviously wanted to talk.

now here it is 2 days later and I haven't heard from him. When, if ever, is it ok to text again? I know normally girls shouldn't text guys but this is kind of a special case and I think he's a little insecure about the whole thing.

A lot of guys are saying just text because he is wondering the same thing I am, and if I don't initiate he won't know I like him. The thing is, I have initiated the past 2 times I've texted him. I feel like if I keep going I might be bugging him or looking totally desperate. That's the main problem.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol games like that make me sick. Just text when you feel like talking to him and wait for reply. Texting first doesn't make you look "desperate" . However if you never initiate, the guy might think you're uninterested.
    From your info, I think you two are going great, while ending convoy say something like "let's talk tomorrow" and then text tomorrow, so it doesn't look weird at all. Soon it will be your daily chore ~…~

Most Helpful Girl

• Many Toms are Not the Best from the Rest Texters so sometimes without standing on Ceremonies... Is it ok to text again?
    I know and realize that a person Does Get discouraged with always having to be the One to Push a button on her own end. However, maybe if you Don't bother for awhile, he may wonder Where you went and he just Might take the Initiative.
    Let it go for now, see what happens. No, Don't send anything, Test the time This... Time. That way you can see if he Really does want to keep the'12 hours' Going and Flowing.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 9

• Whenever you want. Dunno why he hasn't taken the initiative to text you first yet especially if he's the one who stops replying.

• Whenever u get the urge.. this who should text who 1st biz need to stop. Go for what u want life's short

• He is probably thinking the same thing you are. I hate the game.

Just text if you want to text.

• Like he said, it's a game. And as a game, that means you're playing with someone else's feelings and expectations.

I can understand how normal people wouldn't want to get hurt, but I don't think that acting like you're not interested and playing games is really the way to go about that. I think if you guys don't want to get hurt, then you should just give up, because there's no way to love someone without being able to accept that you might get hurt.

• You can do it when ever you fucking guys don't care at all 💁🏻🙂

• It's very appropriate and actually a super awesome surprise because it never ever happens... You know how excited I'd get if my crush texted me right now? I'd flip out... I'd be... Insanely happy

• Sheesh, I'm sure glad I don't text. 12 hours?

• I absolutely love it when my girlfriend texts me first. There isn't anything desperate about it. If you want to talk then you should just talk. :D

• Doesn't matter in my opinion, text him.

• Anytime

What Girls Said 2

• It's perfectly acceptable to text guys. Don't feel bad about it. If a guy likes you it wouldn't and shouldn't bother him if you need initiate. With that said, to play it safe never be the one to always initiate. For now it can be 75-25 with you being the 75 but soon it should change over to 50-50. I'd say initiate once more and then wait for him to text you again. Even if it takes a while. He should not get everything easy.

• I used to always overthink this and more than anything, felt like I was annoying someone if I kept starting the conversation. Just message him if you want to - nothing to lose but possibly something to gain!