How much do you talk about yourself?

Okey, so if a guy is interested does he initiate the conversation every other day and ask you all kinds of stuff? Or could he just be informing you about where he is and what he is doing and tell you about his dreams and hopes?

If a girl is interested I think we are very interested in what the guy is doing and thinking, so we don't talk that much about ourselves maybe. But some guys tend to do this which makes me wonder if they are really interested in me or not.

This happens quite often when the guy seems very into me, and then he starts just talking about himself. (Of course listens to me too, but asks very little) I'm a good listener so it isn't that bad, but just wondering if it is normal for guys to act like this if they are interested? Or is it a sign they aren't?

Just wondering :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I tend to find myself doing this a lot when confronted with someone who doesn't give me an earful with a handful of questions. I can be a pretty good listener if I just have to ask one question and then go, "uh huh, yes, is that so?"

If I have the type of girl where I ask something and there just isn't that much to continue the conversation, I'll start talking about myself as a kind of nervous way of at least giving me a subject I can talk about and keep things going.

One of the problems is that my main interests tend to be academic in nature. If a girl wants to talk about history or art or science or mathematics or literature or something of this sort, not like what restaurant we went to last weekend (I don't care), then usually we can talk for hours without even talking much about ourselves.

If I'm with a girl who wants to talk about fashion and shoes and things like that, I really have so little interest that I have to force myself to try to ask something to make her continue. When I feel like I've exhausted those efforts, the temptation is to go back to my comfort zone and share funny stories from my past, things of this sort, since it's at least something I know how to talk a lot about, and fill in the silence.

Mostly I'd consider it a nervous symptom, and perhaps a sign that you two haven't found something yet you can really talk at length about.

• Okey, sounds logical.
      The one that makes me wonder, is a guy who has many mutual interests, and just talks about them a lot, but doesn't ask me nearly anything. I find it strange but I share my opinions without him asking. And he listens and usually gets excited to talk even more. He doesn't initiate the conversation so often and when I do he will start talking like he would have never ended. If I ask him how he is doing he asks me that too, but usually we just talk about very random stuff and the conversation just flows. He shows signs he likes me, but I thought he would be more interested in what is going on in my life if he really is into me. I really enjoy talking to him, but it gets confusing sometimes.

• Sounds like a good strategy to me. If you like him in spite of this kind of fault and don't consider it the biggest turn off, I'd say it doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't like you. In fact, it might mean the precise opposite. I'm always cheering for people who make a move, but maybe feels a bit more unnatural for a woman, but if you do it, good luck!

• Thanks a lot! :) I might ask him out, if there is a good moment for that. If not I will leave it to him. He just isn't very good at that...

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm that person who prefers to get to know a guy initially by asking them lots of questions, and hoping he'll do the same. like if a guy says to me "tell me about yourself", i get really awkward because i find it weird to do that. I don't know y lol. so ill usually answer with "what would you like to know? :)" and he'll let me know.

i love asking people questions as long as they're okay to answer them. guys who talk about themselves a lot can either be quite the narcissist OR he could be so happy to spend time with you that he wants to let u know what he's all about. it comes down to ur judgment.

• I do that too.
      I like to get to know the person better and usually hope they would ask me more questions, because I am not that comfortable to just bring up stuff about myself to a guy i dont know very well yet. But mostly it seems like the guy just is really enjoying to share stuff with me and we might talk about mutual interests very long. So I guess im just easy to talk to then.

• Yup, just a bit confused if he likes me or just likes to talk to me. Anyways thanks for your opinions! :)

What Guys Said 7

• I only talk about myself if I'm asked, or if there's nothing better to talk about lol.

Personally, I think my life is boring, so I'd much rather hear about someone/something else tbh.

• No I don't really tend to talk to about myself all that often, just when people ask, I'm the kind of guy that loves asking questions and I love listening to people talk (excellent listener) especially my partner, and I love being asked questions because I love answering them. Of course you better be careful what you ask because I can get lost in my own thoughts and give you a really detailed and sometimes long answer lol.

• They want you to know what your getting yourself into... Basically giving you a chance to change your mind before he gets too emotionally invested in you for fear of another heartbreak... So yea... Interested probabaly... Depending on how deep he's going... If it's more cocky than sincere... Probabaly... Interested too.. Lol so yea basically if a guy talks about himself in a certain way then he's interested... Because yea basically he's sharing himself with you.. Why would he do that if he didn't like you? If he didn't like you I don't think he would tell you too much about himself

• That's something I think he might do... He tells me things like warnings about himself. Very many things I think maybe even his friends does not know. But I dont know if he really likes me, because I asked him out and he agreed directly but then didn't tell me he couldnt come before I asked him about if he was still coming. He acts hot and cold and I think i should give up.

• YOU GOT IT CHICK! GO GET HIM GIRL! I had fun trying to help you! And it was awesome talking to you! yea I will have to see where it goes I just asked a question to see what people think about it so hopefully they give me some awesome advice that will help me feel better about myself enough to pursue her

• I'll follow you so I can maybe help too :) lets see.

• Me never I wouldn't ever I'm too considerent and thoughtful I'm such a great person you know I'm just never talking about myself cause it's something I'm very against do you think I'm so right

• Talking to a friend, a decent amount. To a girl I like it's more me asking questions about her, not about me :p

• A friend who is a girl? And what if you are friends with the girl you are into? :P

• yes if we're friends/she has a boyfriend or isn't interested in a relationship. If I am friends with her I'll initiate ofc #nopussy ;)

• What he's doing is hitting on different topics to spark a response, can't read minds

• No it's not like that. He was talking about very personal things and I did respond them of course. He wasn't just asking me about nearly anything, which I thought was strange. Now the situation is that he wasn't anyway interested enough to keep the contact.

• I'm a guy but if I'm interested I'll ask a TON of questions about you and sometimes say how they relate with me.

What Girls Said 1

• All the time!