18 year old dating 54 year old?

My sister is 18, her new "boyfriend" is 54. They claim they are in love even though she recently dumped her 25 year old boyfriend of 4 years, this week.

I know they say age is just a number and she is the legal age where I live but I'm concerned for my sister and think she is with him for the wrong reasons. He is a distinguished DJ, owns a flash car and apartment in the city and is also a father of 3 daughters that are in their 20's (older than my sister).

He is older than my mum and dad's age. My mum and dad confronted her and she has left to his place today.

Am I wrong to be concerned? I don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• age is so not a fucking number in this case

this is a phase, it ain't real.

• I hope so, I'm still outraged as I found out today and don't know how to go about it.

• Thanks hun!

• np and thanks. hope all goes well.

What Guys Said 28

• 18 year dating a 54 year old? What?

That's going to be a total mismatch. Of course you have every reason to be worried

• Yes, you are correct to be worried. The problem is there is nothing you can do. You can't change a person. As someone stated through - it is just a phase. You should tell your sister while you dont agree with her choice, if she ever needs help you are there for her

• Yep you are right, although I want to chew her head off there is nothing I can do

• Reasonably so, but you will just cause more harm and push her even more away from you and your family. Sometimes you need to allow people close to you to make potentially obvious mistakes so they can grow on them

• Thank you :)

• They're in love and haven't been dating even a week. I get that a young teenage girl can say something silly like that but a dude in his 50s saying he's in love with a girl he just started "dating"? That's a red flag.
    Second red flag is why he's interested in someone literally 1/3 his age. How would they even meet?

• That's just weird.. I know it's legal and shit.. but still. That's creepy. 54? He's 3 times older than her.

• That is a bit odd but not unheard of.. there is no age limit when both parties are of legal age and love can be and is at times a very powerful thing..

• I love it how the guys just blindly say something like "oh age is not a factor whatsoever blablablabla", hilarious.

"she recently dumped her 25 year old boyfriend of 4 years"
    "My sister is 18, her new "boyfriend" is 54. They claim they are in love."

In love, my ass. She stayed together with a guy for 4 years and then suddenly SO easily falls in love again as if nothing happened? Please..
    She's got other benefits working for her

• I believe age is just a number... but to some extent. Hate to say this but maybe she wants a sugardaddy

• If thats what she wants, and no one is getting hurt, why should it matter. I hope its everything she wants it to be.

• No. Yes two daughters and probably will treat her better than any guy her age. If she gets pregnant is more likely to stick around. He'll be more likely to physically please her or know how to please her. He can teach you a lot. he's more capable of taking care of her

• lol your sister is a dumb ass and desperate women are stupid

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww,

Old man balls! !!

http://youtu.be/b3gfaFiYe5Y

• Im just going to guess
    1. Your sister was cheating on her boyfriend with this guy
    2. He's probably throwing money at her

If I were you, I would fight her

• He "has a great personality".

• You can't do anything.. She will just turn against you... Let her figure it out on her own... No you are not wrong to be concerned

• This just sounds too big of a gap, but everyone is different I suppose...

• *face palm* why don't people follow the 2 month gap rulem

• LOL LMAO LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

HOLD ON LET ME LAUGH HARDER
    HILSAHFVOIDSAHVBLOADIHN. LOSHBSCLFNSlifhwnbldanfliwahso, vhnsaoifhbqEi, bsnciksNGKISBVlIFHNAOIDBNSCLSFNOIHSJL;BN

• No ones commenting on the 21 year old dating the 14 year old before this?

• What the shit?

• I've dated my fair share of 18s. Nothing wrong with it. Hate the game, not the playa.

• a phase that will lead to a lot of pain and problems for her. she's just gonna be a sex toy.

• That seems way to old... I think there are daddy issues when you date that old.

• So a 21 year old was banging a 14 year old at one point? And now she is banging a grandpa? LOL

• You're not wrong to be concerned but unfortunately it seems like there's nothing you can do.

• I'd be concerned as well. But, honestly, I have no idea what to advise you to do

• That decision is up to your sister and all those that are upset over it saying it's no good what exactly could his age do to harm your sister?

• its weird but this isn't completely uncommon , during the holidays I noticed a couple girls that age dating much older men , I saw them at local restaurants and the men they were with it was obvivous they were dating them and that there was a significant age diff. so this isn't completely unusual but it is somewhat weird and likely not a good fit long term. they may enjoy dating each other in the short term but likely not last long term

• When it's that kind of an age difference it's not usually serious it's usually just sex

• Especially from his behalf :(

• I guess if she won't listen to you she will learn the hard way unfortunately

• Very true sadly

What Girls Said 12

• He's 54 years old and a DJ? The kind at a club or the kind on the radio?

In any case, there's nothing much you can do. I think that's an enormous age gap. I don't see what they could possibly have in common so I have no idea what their relationship would consist of. Probably just a lot of sex. If that's the case, they might get tired of one another.

• I wouldn't! At 30 is my limit!

• Apparently she's got a thing for older guys? As her ex boyfriend was older... I'm thinkin she's in love with the lifestyle he can provide. And he's in love with havin somethin make him feel young. Granted, relationships with big age gaps can work. Just depends on the maturity level & foundation of the relationship. Look at Celine Dion and her recently deceased spouse... 30+ year age gap

• She's with him for the money. And he thinks he's still got it being with an 18 year old even though deep down he knows she's there for material things. It won't last , don't worry.

• She'll learn whatever lesson she needs to learn out of this, the more you push at her the more she'll pull away

• This is none of your damn business, stay away from this. She is an adult, she knows what's wrong and what's right

• I can understand being concerned, but she is an adult and free to make her own choices.

• Who is the DJ? haha but yeah that's a huge age gap

• sounds like your sister is a gold digger... sorry no other explanation than that.

• Yikes, that's a huge age gap. Age just isn't a number, i disagree. You're at a different point in your life at age 54. There are a lot of differences from being 18. Also, good luck to tending his 3 daughters. i'm sure they "love" their 54 year old dad giving attention to an 18 year old. I'm sure she'll deal or has dealt with them. She'll learn though. Money doesn't buy happiness. It buys temporary satisfaction but I don't think it will last. She'll enter the other phase of her life where she'll want to do more, and being a sugar baby just won't cut it.

• Gross. She's legal, be glad it's her vagina and not yours...

• She loves sagging balls, what's so wrong about that?