Should I be worried, or is he genuine, I sent guy This message, and got this reply advice please, Help?

It's a longstory, I met this guy, when I was visiting a friend, he asked to keep in touch, we live long distance, we phoned each other skyped, and texted, our chats became longer and longer, month after month went by, He told me he had feelings for me, side note he's quite an insecure guy, puts himself down from time to time, I was going back to visit my friend, but also we had arranged to see one another, we had arranged to meet, but plans fell through, due to the death of his grandmother, and then he had to go back to his parents home, who lived elsewhere, he messaged me one night to tell me he was out with his friend, he had texted me from his phone, and asked me to call him on his phone, he said he would meet me the following night, but at the point, I was upset that, that he was putting his friend before me, I said if he didn't meet me that night there wouldn't be a next time, I didn't recieve a reply, and went back home, and a few days ago he messaged me, said he missed me etc, I sent him a message saying. I have some questions, I would like to know why you didn't meet me, when I was there for 11 days, and then when I come home you message 2 months later, but you say you miss me, how do I know you won't do the same thing again and disappear, I need some assurances from you, and need you to tell me why you did what you did. I got a reply back from him saying, I messaged you because I care about you, and he said at the time when I came he was in debt, i only have my serious reasons believe me. I am wondering what you're take it on this, and what I should reply

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• LDR are One of the Hardest to Have and to Uphold of Any here, dear. I, for One, probably Know this better than anyone.
    However, you both had a chance to get together and it seemed he failed on his own part a bit Miserably, seeing all of his lame duck excuses and a Full Circle Problem pattern tha tis Definitely... Beginning.
    He would really Need Now to prove himself worthy of you. I see you Making all of the efforts and with his Hit and Miss and Blowing a Kiss, I don't where he Is... Serious with his own Reasons.
    It's all up to you if you want to Take the Chance with a Romance but First, he Has to show that he can Go with the Flow and be More on the Ball and All.
    Good luck. xx

• have you any ideas things i could say or do, to find out for sure, and get him to open up more etc?

• any ideas what to say?

• Start fresh, keep it pleasant, be yourself and find out all of his interests, hobbies, and so forth and see if you both can get a Good repore going. If you see he is not trying, then forget him. xx