Girl may not be happy with her current boyfriend. How do I respectfully ask her out?

I met this girl that I'm interested in. We seem to get along very well, and are always flirting.

I recently discovered that she has a boyfriend she's been with for a few of years. But, I only heard this in passing; she never directly mentioned it to me.

I'm not sure what this "means," and frankly I do not care. I like this girl, and would like to ask her if the feelings are mutual. My main concern is that I do it in a respectful manner. For all I know, she has no interest whatsoever.

I was thinking something along the lines of: "I know you have a boyfriend, and I don't want to impose, but I do like you. So, if the feelings are mutual, and you don't see things going the distance with him, I would love to take you out sometime."

If she is interested, but uncertain, I would follow up with something like: "Well, if you ultimately find yourself single, get in touch. Perhaps the stars will align just right, and I'll be single too!"

What Girls Said 2

• I think to respect her it's best to allow her to figure out when to end the relationship. Because good situation or not if she's been with him for a few years it's not the best thing for her to jump right into something else. And as someone who potentially likes her respecting her current relationship no matter if you know she's happy or not will go a long way. You have feelings for her but don't cross that boundary- you don't want to turn out to be a rebound. Those relationships aren't always successful.

• She has a boyfriend. There is no respectful way to ask her out.

What Guys Said 0