He kind of cheated?

So I started dating a co worker (yeah yeah bad idea) we got serious and everything and he has a kid and everything (he's 24) he raises his child cause the mom didn't want anything to do with the kid. So anyway he's super responsible. I found out well technically now yesterday he has been flirting with and talking dirty to a new girl that started at our job. Apparently they did it for two weeks (no physical contact made). Me and him talked about it and we both cried and he said how he didn't wanna lose me and stuff. I just don't know if I should dump him or not. All my friends say no because he's really sweet just became really dumb. But I just don't know. Help?

What Guys Said 1

• You don't want to be with someone who believes they can continue to get away with things like that, trust me. Unless you have some eternal connection with this person, move on while you can.

What Girls Said 2

• Talking dirty to someone who isn't you is 100% cheating in my book. And I'm pretty unforgiving when it comes to cheaters. I wouldn't let it slide, personally.

• He cheated. How I see it, he lied to you because he wasn't honest with you and hid it from you. How do you know it wouldn't have become physical if it continued?
    It's your life, and I know it's easier to say you should break up than actually doing it, but you have to do what's best for you. If you don't trust him, I don't suggest staying with him because rebuilding trust is difficult. And, unfortunately, if you stay with him, he may think he can do it again, and even if you find out, he thinks you will take him back again. I say this not only from seeing it happen with my friends, but also because I did this to my ex.
    In the end, it's your decision, but I can tell you it will never be the same in your relationship if you stay.