What's with black women being at the bottom of the totem poll when it comes to dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly? I would share my opinion but everyone would freak out on me. Actually, I'll share anyway and hopefully people won't judge me for being honest. Again, this is my own personal thoughts as a white male living in the northeast united states. I think it's as simple as... years or racism has led to black women not being as educated as other races (on average). I live close to a few cities of poverty, where the majority of the people are uneducated no matter what race... but the majority of the time you will hear the black women being loud and obnoxious as if they have nothing to hide or to be ashamed of. Usually speaking about things that have them worked up. Now I'm not going to get into the racist views, as I'm not a racist... I'm just talking about what I've noticed in person, on the news, etc. That's not saying Ibe never heard uneducated white women act this way. Because I definitely have. But being 100% honest from what I MYSELF have experienced... this is what I've noticed my entire life. I think some black women are beautiful, I think some white women are discusting... and I'm not JUST talking about physical characeristics. AGAIN... I'm trying to be hinest without pissing anyone off... but I think it all stems back to black women being suppressed, and the effects are still being carried on to new generations.

Most Helpful Girl

• There not though... Most people don't even know if black women are into them because they think they only want black men. Ultimately it doesn't even matter if you just want to meet that one special person. You don't want to be desired by everyone... Just that one great guy.

What Guys Said 17

• It's just that men do not prefer black women. The same way Indian men are the least desired by women all over the world. So, it looks like being born as a black woman or an Indian man is kind of unfortunate in the dating scene. Indian men probably have it worse, since we are not even preferred by Indian women if they have other options.

• Isn't this only in the United States, though?

If you were in Africa or India, things might be different, right?

• @RandomPerson1324

Not really! I mean... even here in India, Indian women usually prefer men of other races if they have a choice. Have no idea about Africa, but it seems like at least in developed, first world countries (US included), Indian men are the most hated and loathed lot by women. Of course, I'm basing my words here sorely on what I have read on the internet, some surveys/studies and online forums, so I might be wrong.

• From how you act or the genetics?

• I think its for two reasons:

1. Black girls are one of the least feminine among the ethnicities. Rarely there are blacks girls where you can say she looks delicate, etc. Yes, you can say "dat ass", but I hope you get what I mean.

2. There are quite a lot of blacks doing a great disservice to all blacks by being obnoxious, toxic, overly bitchy and some other quite negative traits. Unfortunately those make the reputation for all blacks pretty bad.

• "What's with black women being at the bottom of the totem poll when it comes to dating?" Umm stereotypes, hair weaves, and so-called "strong" features.

• I don't know, but according to a black girl in here, most black women only wanna date black men, so if she's right, that must be why, I mean, if they don't wanna date you, you will automatically won't even think of them as possible mates, you know?

• I am white and have dated a few black women. The only ones I even liked were from East Africa, highly educated, slim, and very pretty. I just can't get past the first date with an American black woman.

It is not one thing. First, I find very few black women physically attractive. That cuts out 95% right there. If there is any hint of ghetto, we are done. If I hear "aks", we are done. If she hangs out with ghetto type people, we are done.

• I have to agree. African women do not fit the stereotype of American black women

• Black women tend to either not take care of themselves or they do take care of themselves but their style isn't appealing. Most black women I know are overweight and thats just a fact that cannot be ignored. Then there's the fact that urban 'ghetto' culture is loud, obnoxious and antagonistic in its nature. Frankly, 90% of African American women that I know I'd disqualify off the bat for one of those reasons, before we even factor anything else in. Black women who grew up in predominantly white neighborhoods or Africa tend to not be nearly as undateable.

Tldr: it's cultural

• This is something black women have some how come up with, and have nothing but hearsay and agreement among themselves to support.

• Probably has to do with their features. And aesthetically lighter colours are more vibrant and uplifting.

You wouldn't paint a room a very dark colour but a virbant green is very cheerful. Its just a visual mood thing implanted im humans. Whether this is natrual or adopted over years through enviromental surroundings, I wouldn't know

• Oh now I get it. That ia why aliens are so sexy. That green glow is just so nice.

• Give you a reason to what? That black women aren't thought to be as attractive? Besides media, history, western society. There are still tons of people who think you should stick to your own. Interracial dating is gross etc. Lots of this depends on where you live. In some areas it is more accepted to date interracially but in some places people face so much prejudice they just give up. Not to mention in US races live in certain areas. Some areas are largely inhabited by black people while in other areas there are barely any. People date in their own area and usually find those people they have grown up with, most attractive.
      Also stereotypes about black women do lots of harm. Like that one guy here said, people assumr black women are less feminine and obnoxious due to stereotypes. Ofcourse media is also responsible but not completely.

And yes, these are your opinions. When it comes to makeup and art, it comes down to preferences and the colors

• Black and purple lipstick look better on black women but pale and bright pink look better on white women.
      White canvas is preferred because paints look more vibrant on them. But to get certain shades you have first use dark paint and then lighter on that. And really it depends on what the artist wants to do.

• They aren't I'm mixed and kinda look like Jon b and all I date is black girls cuz they in da stand my struggle and won't run from my temper lol but some black girls don't date outside their race and can be hard to get along with or unfaithful like a mf but I think the solution to this is for black women to start dating outside of their race seriously it's 2016 not 1865 lol ya dig

• didn't know there was a totem pole. People just date you they like. Its totally random. Just put yourself out there and in sure a guy will date you.

• I don't know, black women aren't better or worse than any other race

• I don't know ;o
    There's beauty in every race

• I thought it was Indians.

• Find it hard to believe what I read here from black women, I personally think they are absolutely attractive, well, if...

• You have to include the socioeconomic factor of this as well...

• Isn't that just a stereotype? Unless you're rude thats a turn off but that goes for any race.

• Intimidation mostly. Sometimes it's the stereotype of the bitchy black woman. Other times we don't really feel like we're manly enough for you.

What Girls Said 4

• Keep being you girl!!! I'm white, yet my mothers mom is black/ Puerto Rican. Intimidate a lot of men, just because I dont take no shit from them and say it like it is. I don't think it has todo with color, maybe attitude or independence. Who knows, I'm not even really sure we aren't from the same planet. We just fancy them for certain things. 😉

• TRUST ME... It starts at a young age just saying even in my school its like nobody love brown girls

• It's just by the media's standards. Don't believe the, hype.

BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL! You don't need the whole just your soulmate :)

• I have no idea. I was told my Native American people were at the bottom most of my life.

People like who they like. I wouldn't base my liking someone on skin color. It can be really hurtful.