Texting texting texting... and no second date?

I went on a date with this guy last December. He was sweet, caring and also a bit shy, and he admitted feeling a bit nervous because he was with me. I had a good time and he told me he really enjoyed being with me and suggested seeing again after Christmas break (he is a foreigner).
Then he went back to his country for the Christmas holiday and we kept in touch texting quite often, he was always the one who started our conversation except a couple times.
He came back here and we continued being in contact, he said he hoped to see me and he kinda asked me on a date but i was confused at this point, because he didn't fully ask me out...
he asked me if I was going to an uni event on a certain day, I said no, and he was like "Oh cool!;)" but then I didn't ask him the reason of this question, and he didn't actually ask me out.
In the following days we started casually texting again, but he hasn't asked me out again yet. It has been one week now, and I am wondering if I am wasting my time on him or if I should just ask him to meet up to see how he reacts, and if he is just nervous about trying again to ask me out or has lost interest. What do you think?

What Guys Said 2

• I think if the guy is just nervous then he needs to build up the courage to ask you out again.

• You should ask him out on a date.

What Girls Said 0