So I started dating this guy but from the first date he said "I don't want a relationship" but everything seems like that's where it's heading?

Most Helpful Guy

• When it comes to stuff like this, you should take the man's word as truth.

While it might feel to you like things are headed toward a relationship, he's been very straightforward that he doesn't want that. So yeah, if you're a relationship girl then you should probably stop seeing this dude.

Most Helpful Girl

• Whatever people do in a relationship with this guy, it's NOT a relationship to him. Sure it may be heading that way, but he told you "I don't want a relationship"
    Don't get upset if you feel used and he doesn't call you his girlfriend

What Guys Said 7

• Don't get mad if you waste a year of your life. He was up front and said he's not interested in a relationship. I'd take him at his word.

• If he's showing interest and says he doesn't want a relationship. He's probably suggesting he's looking for a booty call without strings attached

• Take it slow and casual and just enjoy the ride with him. If you two feel comfortable getting intimate then go for it. Just don't expect him to be willing to commit unless everything lines up for him.

• Be careful.. keep in mind his initial response

• Yea thanks it got me confused cuz he seemed to be into me but then threw me curve ball so I'm just not sure whays up

• If he says he doesn't want a relationship then he doesn't. Please spare yourself from the "I'll keeep dating him and he'll eventually change his mind" thing. Take care.

• he is honest i guess, do you love him or what?

• No we just started dating had only met him a couple days before that's all

• Ok thanks for the advise!

• yes dear, and one thing more guys like sexual encounter with girls and then forget them so if you love sex you can enjoy, i think he will not step back and if you are the girl you love sex but only when in relationship He can be a good guy for you.

• Well for you it is. But he was honest and upfront about it and it's not to him. If you're trying to get into a relationship you need to let him know because you shouldn't be with him if you're trying to get something out of him that he doesn't want. It's wrong.

What Girls Said 4

• Just take thing slow!

• You should ignore him.. he's using you as friends with benefits

• He is not playing, There is no deep meaning behind it. He really doesn't want a relationship.

• I've been there before. And if you're looking for relationship, girl, you're going to get hurt (perhaps) and it's ugly.
    guy can do things that makes us think that we're heading to a relationship. but actually they only want sex.

• Really? Thanks for the warning girl

• Yea good luck to you too! Are you wanting a true relationship?

• yes, of course, haha I'm 26 although I don't want to be married now... maybe when I'm 29? hahha I have no idea right now but a relationship would be nice :)