My teacher will leave?

I have a crush on this teacher he will leave the college. Is it still unethical to try contact him or maybe date him since he was teaching me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, once he leaves the college technically you can date him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure contact him and date him. It is totally okay in this situation.

What Guys Said 1

• I guess it's fair game once he's out, and you get your dream on then. Whatcha self shake ya ass show me whatcha working wit

What Girls Said 5

• There's no bar on YOUR end here. You can do whatever you want.

On his end, his actions may be explicitly constrained by a written code of ethics in the profession. Even if not, his actions will most definitely be constrained by an UNwritten code of ethics. There's a lot of tacit rules, in that there ivory tower.

Honestly, I don't think he would accept yr overtures -- even if he wanted to, really really bad -- unless he's considering a wholesale career change, out of academia altogether.

• It's not a good situation for him if you do. I wouldn't even touch the disaster something like that will turn into.

• How's that not good?

• Because he's supposed to be a guide and an educator to you. How does it look when he brings you to a faculty event and people hear you're his former student?

Plus it's kind of rude to find someone on social media without being invited to do so.

• I think it looks bad on his end so don't be surprised if he rejects you.

They are held at a higher standard and although he won't get fired, if word spreads he's willing to date students, even former students, schools and universities typically frown on that if he's ever looking for a new job.

• Its not unethical if you're no longer his student at the university and or college.

• if he is no longer your teacher.. then its fine..