Is it possible for someone to be inlove if they have been speaking for a week online and have never met?

This has happened a few times to me where a guy I have met online in the past I talk to him for a week or longer then they claim to love me? Is that even possible since I have never met them?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think they have a crush on you. I would hesitate to call that love.

Young men do seem to use that word with alarming frequency.

What Guys Said 1

• I think most of them believe they love you, but the truth is that such a powerful emotion can't be built in a week.

What Girls Said 3

• It sounds more like infatuation to me. That's not enough time at all.

• That's what I thought too but I always felt bad since they expected me to say it back but I was fond of them but because they say it so soon it freaked me out then I thought it was just something wrong with me if that makes sense?

• That's a relief because a guy who claimed to be inlove with me made this status saying he was going on a blind date then on about hope this doesn't go wrong but dated a dwarf (me even though I'm not a dwarf I have a disability called morquio) then his family member commented saying how he was crying over me I felt really guilty but a bit annoyed at him for putting it all over Facebook

• You didn't do anything wrong. It was his choice to do all of those things and behave that way. Don't feel bad for other people's decisions. You can only do your best for yourself.

• Its mostly infatuation really not love. I would know because I am experiencing the same thing now with a guy , smh

• Sounds like a scammer from pakistan or nigeria