Is it ok to stop pursuing a woman after a single rejection?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say so, yeah.

Hollywood likes to portray persistence as being sexy because that's what the nerdy writer types *wish* was true.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah if u rejected by some chick once... don't try pursue her again... it's desperation... focus on someone else...

What Girls Said 10

• Of course it is. You asked her out, she said no, look for someone else, don't waste time trying to pursue someone you already know is not interested. I think asking twice is fine though if you really want to because she may have thought about it and changed her mind since the last time you asked but usually the answer is still no unless you've waited a really long time in between maybe. Nothing wrong with stopping pursuing a woman after she has already said no, in fact it would be more annoying to keep on. Why on earth would it be bad to stop pursuing someone who has already rejected you? That just seems like common sense to me.

I have a friend who has this guy that likes her and keeps on to her, she has already made it clear many a time she is not interested in him and yet he is still pestering her. All it's doing is making her annoyed and uncomfortable, he needs to stop.

• If someone rejected me , then i wouldn't put myself in a position for them to reject me again. I would just look on their rejection as a re-direction to something better

• Yeah best bet is to move on.
    I mean you can play a game and flirt around and make her want you then just flat out leave.
    She'll be thinking about you a lot.
    But... best bet is to move on.

• Yeah pretty much.

• If you really like her you shouldn't give up.
    Some girls aren't sure what to do about the guy, you should prove her that you are good enough, you should give her reasons to say YES

• It would be a waste of time if you kept trying to come after her.

• No!!
    There's ALWAYS a chance.

• In fact, it's the best method of all!

• Yes. If a woman rejects you, then that generally means that she's not interested and you should move on.

• Yeah.

...

What Guys Said 7

• yeah, its your life.

• Like I said before.
    I don't know, I persevere when a lady says no, show her you are sincere long enough and she'll probably agree to date you. Never take a women's rejection sincerely, they often don't know what they want themselves. Also go after whom you are compatible with. No less, no more. Aside that, most guys move on, plenty of other fish in the sea. Life is too short to be hungover a single rejection.

• ... if u want to die a virgin and have your lineage die off, sure.

Men are always the expendable the gender, very much the "have or have nots" of the animal kingdom. Pursue or your genes will perish.

#RealTalk

• yes that is what you are supposed to do after she says no

• If she rejects you then move on. Think of it as her loss.

• I wouldn't. If she's worth it I'll try again and again

• Helllll no you keep trying, little by little, you might reach your goal