Guys, do you find it weird to date someone who's taller than you?

Most Helpful Guy

• No it's quite normal. Height became a very overrated thing recently. Being taller or shorter is not important. We are not selecting a striptease pool (so sorry to say that but that's how it is) Girls need to get rid of their obsession with 'tall boyfriend'. It's very discriminative and prejudice

• I don't think it's discriminating. As a 5'8 girl I prefer someone taller will not date shorter. It's just what you like.

• @Pinkberriie That's not what I like. I don't like a specific stereotype. In your opinion, tall girls won't date shorter guys but that's nonsense. Why is that? Does it look awkward? I think not. It's quite discriminative and more importantly, prejudice to say that taller won't date shorter. That's what you may like but it's highly immoral. Deciding whom to date or be friend can't be related to height

• Not really it's just what you like. It's not wrong for someone to have an opinion on who they would date. Sorry if your offended but it's the truth

What Guys Said 19

• I've dated a girl who was taller then me for a brief time. I'm 6 foot even and she usually wore heels so I don't know exactly how much taller, but she towered over everyone in a room, and reveled in it. It was fun going out with her, because of her confidence level.

• If she wasn't as confidant as she was would you still have gone put with her?

• I don't think we would have met, as she was so striking when I first saw her. I saw her and had to meet her.

• I would never date anyone that was taller then me. But I am 6' 3" and that really doesn't come into play often. I have always looked for 5' 8" to 5' 10". But it turns out the perfect woman was 5' 2"...

• i wouldn't give a shit. she probably would though. sad world lol

• Nah I totally would but there aren't many ladies who are pushing past 6'5"

• In general, guys do feel a little weird yes.

• I don't date WNBA players

• I love tall chicks and high heels on em too so no, I am like 6'3 doe but I sure as hell won't find it weird if I am banging Maria sharapowa. long legs are hot

• yes i personally do. i dated a girl that was as big as me and i honestly didn´t like it xD

• I'm good with a gal being a few inches taller (<=4). The way my mind works, I'd want to be somewhat able to kiss her even if she were in heels.

• Honestly, I'd much rather date with someone whose shorter than me. Especially if she's 6"+ shorter.

• No, it actually makes me feel wealthy.

• I think at the end of the day if she's great its not the issue but most guys i encounter like a girl whose shorter than them, Most girls i encouter like a guy who is taller.

• I've dated someone taller than me, and it was awesome.

• yes because I'm 6'5" lol

• hahaha i would love to see a 7 feet tall women xD

• I wouldn't find it weird at all. I would love it.

• noooo. i like tall girls. taller girls. i do not get intimidated by that.

• How tall are you?

• i am barely 5'10 and i feel very bad about my height tbh

• 5'10 is the perfect height. Coming from a 5'5 girl :)

What Girls Said 7

• From the perspective of my boyfriend, he loves girls being taller than him. Nothing overly drastic but his ex was level or maybe an inch taller than him. I'm 2-3 inches taller than him.

I brought it up before we even started dating, asking him straight up if that wouldn't bother him as I'd previously heard that guys find females who are taller as 'emasculating'. He said quite the opposite; that he loves taller girls and the long legs/leaner appearance that the height gives them overall.

• It sounds like you have a very secure boyfriend. That's awesome.

• @redeyemindtricks oh wow, power to ya! Lol I was always the opposite of what sounds like your approach. Still kinda am.. Always had a natural tendency to keep to myself, stay quiet and shy from the spotlight. It's cool to hear that everyone can 'deal with it' in different ways but it's possible to come to a positive point regardless. 😊

• Yeah, I don't know a lot of loud obnoxious tall girls. There's me, and there's one other girl I know from high school who just barely missed the US Olympic volleyball cut. The rest of the tall girls I know are much closer to yr self-description, there.

Funny thing is, I had 4 brothers (and a single daddy) and no sisters, and volleyball girl had, like, 5 brothers and no sisters. HMMMMM. Lol.

• Nope! I find it werid if he was really short!

• To be honest, I'd find it weird dating a guy shorter than me. Looks do not matter to me at all but... I don't know, height does. As long as he is at least my height or taller.

• I feel like all guys 6'0 and taller like girls 5'0-5'5 so the tall girls are left with short guys which isn't fair I'm 5'8 I don't want a guy 5'0-5'5 it's weird.

• I dated a guy a few inches taller. He was 5ft 8 and I'm 5ft 6. So when I was wearing heels I was the same height or taller. When I asked him if it bothered him he said no.
    But every time I wore heels he'd comment on how tall I was or how long my legs were and make jokes when I was wearing flats how nice it was for him to be taller than me. So I think deep down it did bother him. It never bothered me though.
    His current girlfriend is a lot shorter than him.

• I'm 4'11 so they're all taller than me, but I usually like the shorter guys more

• I dated a guy a few inches shorter than me. He didn't seem to mind, and neither did I.