What do you think about buying flowers?

Flowers are so damn overpriced in February. Probably a 500% profit margin, easy, and they die within weeks.
So painful to buy flowers but I just punch myself in the balls and buy them anyways

Hbu you guys?

I'm so surprised at how many of you keep talking about stealing/growing flowers out of a garden lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with you that flowery delivery service and flowers in a vase are way overpriced and not worth it. Plus for some reason to me they seem less romantic. When it comes to flowers I absolutely love Lilies or Tulips wrapped in paper and tied with a simple brown string like the do for you at Whole Foods for $20-$30. And I prefer them just because. Not because you did something wrong or its V Day.

Some women though really like to get the big thing delivered at the office to show everyone else up but damn that's $250. You could buy me a silver necklace from Tiffany's for that much and I'd much rather the necklace. I may be an outlier but I don't want a big deal made on Valentine's. I prefer a really nice dinner at home that I make and then some really romantic time. The only down side to that is I don't get as dressed up. I spend extra time doing hair and makeup and wear a sexy outfit. But I'm not going to wear a red dress and 4 inch heels to stay home and cook in them. I don't like to wear shoes in the house.

• Wait, Tiffany's necklaces are really only $250?

• That's like the starting range. It would just be a very simple silver necklace but that suits me just fine and I'd most likely wear it all the time as it reminds me of him.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd never drop that much on flowers. Such a waste of money, especially when you can make the same gesture for like fifteen bucks and an hour of your time.

For example, Trader Joe's sells sustainably grown boquets -- lots of 'em -- and the upper tier cost like $15. Buy those, take an hour of your time to hand deliver them, and you're set. Plus, making that extra effort goes a long way with women.

What Girls Said 21

• Dude just sneak into some old lady's backyard and snip some of her roses and run away.
    If she catches you offer her a date.
    Then she'll want to go on the date on V-Day.
    And then you gift her the roses you stole.
    Hahahahahha

• They are nice to recieve but there are definitely way better ways to spend $80-200. It's the thought that counts, not the amount spent or the actual gift given. There are many other ways you can show a person you love them, including other gifts that are more lasting and better value. I'd love it if my boyfriend surprised me with flowers, but if he doesn't get me flowers our whole relationship I don't care. It's just as sweet and thoughtful when he picks up something small he knows I'll like when he's at the store, or cooks me dinner, or fixes something on my car.

• If it's a bouquet they are much much cheaper and I have vases. When I first start dating someone I do appreciate it if they bring flowers when I'm cooking an expensive meal. It makes the table look pretty and shows he appreciates the effort. I do t like it when they show up with nothing, not even wine. It usually costs me about $80 to cook a nice meal because of the herbs and what not.

• What the what what now? Flower delivery costs up to 200 bucks? Y'all srs tho?
    Wow...
    Round here you can swing by one of the Korean shops in k-town and get a dozen red roses for like $10.

I am not a big flowers person, and I tend to kill them quickly (I have a "brown thumb" 4rlz). But, I've totally done the hang-them-upside-down-from-the-curtain-rod-for-two-years thing. Yep.

• Lol do u talk like that irl?
      Lol that'd be fun

• Pretty much, yeah... I have an almost-teenager, and I work with a lot of people in their 20's. And I am a huge giant nerd. But also it's the internets.

• I don't really like flowers. They're pretty but stink and I agree are over priced. I don't care for them to be bought for me. If I get flowers I like them to be picked from the side of the road or something. My husband doesn't care for flowers to be bought for him. I draw flowers and he had one that I drew for him on a card/poem I gave him years ago, tattooed on him. Permanent but at least it wasn't my name. Lol

• I'm probably the only female I know who hates flowers purely because they all smell fucking disgusting.

Waste of money, fouls up the atmosphere with shitty aroma, and dies like... within days.

Write her somethin from the heart in a card, cook her dinner (especially if she usually cooks), then Netflix and chill it

• I despise having cut flowers in the house. They bring insects and dirt and disease. Flowers are for funerals.

• They don't smell that great! I'm not the biggest fan of them

• Just buy her healthy stuff i guess?

• Buy something that lasts longer. Cut flowers just die even though it is so nice to get a bouquet of them. What about 2 roses instead of 2 dozen.

• If my guy was gonna bring me stuff for valentines he could just bring the champagne and chocolates and I am good. Sure flowers are good and hold some kind of romantic endearment but it isn't quite necessary... at least not for me.

• Flowers? Nah thats beta bruh

• Was alpha then?
      Pls teach me

• I appreciate that!
      Ya gag administration is often biased and incompetent, no doubt about that.

• Ok then teach them how the business is done bruh 😉

• I love flowers but think they're ridiculous around Valentine's day! I'd like to get them at other times of the year and a simple bouquet from Costco is fine with me.

• Save a flower, send a ficus.

• Flowers and stuff toys don t do much to me.
    I think giving me one rose before dinner is sweet enough

• I got flowers on Friday night from my date 💕. I was surprised and totally appreciative because not many guys do that kind of stuff anymore. Needless to say our night went good and we will be seeing each other again 😋

• I dont expect expensive flowers but i get them every week from my boyfriend and i know he doesn't spend more than $10 on them. Its just a nice gesture he does that lets me know he's thinking of me

• never really thought about that! I think it depends on what kind of flowers you buy in Feburary like roses! Those will be expensive af! But every girl likes getting flowers 😊😊

• I love flowers. I'm sorry, but they're a must... I love flowers.

• I love the idea of flowers as a gift. Even just two roses would make me extremely happy.

• Well as a girl I can say flowers aren't what is important somewhere along the way it just became status quo. Instead of paying a shit ton for crappy flowers take her out to eat (doesn't have to be super fancy but a nice place) and make some memories. Cook her a candelight meal at home or something be romantic.

• I don't really like getting flowers. I agree though, they jack up the prices in Feb for Valentine's day. I don't want gifts (a nice massage and sex is all I want).

What Guys Said 13

• The answer take up gardening or just steal some from your neighbor, we used to have a a beautiful red rose bush that sat right in between our property and our neighbors but that was perfect for things like valentines day, but the women next door killed it.

Or you could just go to a local flower shop and buy some lol, for pretty cheap I mean I can go to ours and get some pretty nice ones for cheap, or I could just go to our back yard and snip some off from our own rose and flower bushes.

As for me yeah I'd buy flowers, the women like it and if they're happy we're happy even if our wallets are weeping.

Or if you know how to cook you could cook her diner (cheaper then going out and shows off your romance skills) and have give her the flowers you bought her at the same time. Show your skills in the kitchen and personally give her the flowers, win, win.

P. S. don't have them deliver or put it in some fancy vase that's how they get you.

• what a waste of money lol

• Buy her a picture of a flower. Boom. Instant panty dropper. Better still, print off a picture of a flower.

• I prefer to offer a houseplant.

• Get plastic flowers mate I think they are cheaper than real ones. But they look cheap that's the downside and why should only guys give V day presents? It's fuurking unfair😬😬

• Used to buy them muahahaha single.

• Buy grass. Grass is free. Better yet just get it from your neighbor's lawn.
    Plastic flowers are reusable, but ugly. Grass is natural. If your neighbors have flowers, feel free to take those as well.
    If they ask or yell at you just say they are for your girlfriend.

• JK I'd suggest chocolates. The good kind. The really good kind.

• Hahaha you're way cool man

• Thanks. Hope my advice helps.

• I got them from my back yard so I get them for free 😎

• Lmao would rather buy her lingerie, negged for being a fag

• One experience giving flowers to a chick was enough to steer me clear of flowers.

• They put the price up because of Valentines Day and they do the same for Mother's Day.

• I never buy flowers unless they're going in my garden.

• Y should I buy flowers when I can grab 'em from a backyard for free?