Is dating other people the best way to get over someone?

Or is it better to be over someone before dating again? Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• So rebounding, basically?

No, I don't think you need to do that. It's just a temporary distraction and once it's over you've still got unresolved feelings to deal with. Also, it's unfair to the other person.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 2

• I believe it is better to get over someone first because carrying the emotions and worries of the last relationship into another one may not be the best idea

• To me, that's like the equivalent of trying to drink away your problems . . . so yea it works better for some then others.

What Girls Said 4

• no. it created dependency on a love interest to be happy and leaves you at another mercy when you need time just to heal and move forward. in my opinion, its best to fall in love with life. something you can control your involvement in.

• If I'm still even remotely into someone then I just don't even give new guys a fighting chance.

• its better to be over someone before dating because the person you may end up dating may want to be in a relationship and its not fair to the other person if you're still trying to get over someone

• I think it's better to get over that person before you can start dating again.