What is your primary motive for dating?

What is your primary motive for dating?
People date for various reasons. What is your primary motivation for dating?

• I don't date.
  • I date for companionship.
  • I date so that someone will entertain me.
  • I date because I can't stand being alone.
  • I date to find a sexual partner.
  • I date to find a partner for a long term relationship, but not necessarily marriage.
  • I date to find a partner for a long term relationship that will hopefully lead to marriage.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• definitely that last one. i looked for the option as soon as i saw this question.

• I absolutely only date with the intention of finding a spouse.

• At the moment I don't date, I'm still not ready for dating. But when I will be ready, it will be:
    I date to find a partner for a long term relationship that will hopefully lead to marriage.

• Man, I just want to hang out with someone. Anything else that happens is gravy.

• I date to scheme men out of money. Where is that option? ;D

In all honesty, it's F and G. I don't really care about getting married though I'm sure it would be nice.

• I voted G. I really do truly want to find someone who can be a life partner for me. I want to get married, even though that seems to be a fading dream.

• Don't EVER give up on romance. We are not hopeless romantics! We are HOPEFUL romantics!

• Haha Thanks! I'm really trying. But it's really hard. I've had so many bad experiences and it just seems like whenever I meet a guy who I really like, he's had bad experiences and is too scared to date me or just thinks it's easier to not date at all :( Makes me sad that I didn't meet him sooner to spare him some heart ache. I wear my heart on my sleeve, I'm really nice to people and I care deeply about other people.

I just hope I can find someone who will care as much for me as I do them someday!

• I am 61 years old, got divorced a year ago, and I have found a girlfriend who is absolutely wonderful. You are never too old to find love!

• G :) don't see the point in dating for any other reason!

• I never dated, but when I do it would be for companionship.

• I don't date because I eat people's souls.

• Wow. It sounds like there is a lot which you didn't say. I hope that situation improves for you.

• Marriage is the goal.

What Guys Said 15

• Because it's fun. I like girls. Girls like me.
    If I find the girl of my dreams that's just a side benefit.

The goal is to enjoy my life and to find others who can enrich my life and likewise I enrich theirs. I don't want a woman to become my life. I wish to share my life and if the right woman comes along, create a better one with her.

• I dont currently date but my motivation for wanting to would be to find a sexual partner and have someone to hold at night.

• Most of the reasons are perfectly valid, But I'd say for a lifelong companion. The kind of person no one should date however is
    http://memestorage.com/_nw/42/27624871.jpg

• Marriage, kids, really that is my main and one of my only reasons for doing it.

• To find a woman that would suit me in marriage.

Dating with no intention of marriage seems pointless

• B, C, G, and more.

At the end of the day, it's the pursuit of love that drives me.

• To find the woman who I will marry someday and have children with :)

• the last one

• To find the woman I can't live without.

• It's more fun then beating off.

• to produce offspring

• I don't date.

• Mainly peer pressure to be honest. I always found the process painful.

• I don't date, just smash and dash. Got no interest in companionship etc

• If I were dating it would be B and E, and I'd prefer long term. I guess. With regards to B, it's more the emotional intimacy then 'someone to hang out with'/