How did you meet your last long term partner?

Some people think internet datig is for losers, some people hate blind dates, and some hate the club and bar scene. . . but we all meet our partners somewhere. So, please answer for your current relationship or most recent significant relationship: where did you meet him or her?

• I had know him/her for a long time as a friend.
  • We went to school together.
  • We work together.
  • We were introduced by mutual friends.
  • We met at church.
  • We met in a club or bar.
  • We met online through a dating site or social media.

Most Helpful Girl

• i can classify it as church but it wasn't actually in church. it was at an outing organised by church where all these youth from other churches just spent a day together, and yeah, i met him there.

• Church organized activities are very undervalued as a means of meeting eligible, quality singles!

• thanks asker.

• eh I agree with this too. Although I am not really religious I tend to attend a prayer group where people socialize and organize services and all.
      The main reason why I go there is because the people are great. Big hurt, great values and sense of respect. best peeps I met.

Most Helpful Guy

• I met my wife on eHarmony in 2005.
    We will be celebrating our 10th aniversary in June.

What Girls Said 21

• We met in 2007 on vacation. I may or may not have thought the ocean was my bitch and then the ocean may or may not have reminded me that no, actually it wasn't and he might have been the person to stop me from being spit out on the beach lol

I was in the ocean not paying any attention to anything because I was 14 and thought I was just all that and a bag of chips and then this giant wave came and picked me up (because I'm small) and sent me bowling toward shore and I crashed into a person and he was that person.

And then it turned out we lived 10 minutes away from each other back home so we struck up a friendship that lasted four years and kind of was very flirtatious and then we started dating officially in 2011 and boom. That's how it happened.

• I meet pretty much all my SO's through dating siites. I wish I could meet guys in person, but it's so hard. No guys approach me or ask me out when meeting in person. I'm not sure why. People always tell me I'm nice and approachable and very likeable. I tend to get a long with everyone.

But no guys ever fall smitten with me :( So I go online in hopes of finding someone.

• I met mine on Okcupid, we hit it off straight away and met up on the first Saturday.

Celebrating 4 years together this February.😊

• I met my current girlfriend on Plenty of Fish. We have been dating for 9 months. :)

• Met my guy on PoF as well. Just over one year, still going strong.

• Congrats on 4 years together!
      Good for the both of you. 🎆

• I met my current boyfriend, so really only long-term partner thus far, at school. We went to high school together, bumped into each other at our uni in second year and took it from there.

• We met playing soccer. Turns out we've had mutual friends for a while and we had both subbed for each other's teams a few times but never happened to be at the same games or social engagements. But the timing was right when we did finally meet. He had gotten out of an unsatisfying 2 year relationship about 6 months before we finally met.

• We were lab partners in university in early 2014. Later we had a few classes together and at some point I just asked him out and he told me he had liked me for a while but thought I was married/engaged because of the ring I was wearing on my left ring finger...

• None of those lol I sold him my car and he kept asking more info about me than the car haha.
    He said when I smiled when we first met, he just melted and had to get to know me better.

• Sounds like a good deal! :)

• I LOVE that! I'm going to start using that now if you don't mind lol
      I call myself a very hopeful pessimist. Like I know the world is bad, but it's getting better and I have hope that it'll keep getting better.

• OMG! AWEEE! I would love it that would happen to me! :P

• Hmmm...

I met my last boyfriend online many moons ago during high school. I went to an all girls high school and he went to the unisex school up the street. I saw him on the subway after talking online. I didn't want to say anything because I was shy. Messaged him and he confirmed that it was him. We didn't date right away, but we became really good friends. Didn't start dating until 2 years after we met. In hindsight we should've stayed friends.

• We met when we were 11, introduced to each other by our best friend.

• My current one I met him at work and we became friends.

My previous we were introduced through friends.

• Other, he was my neighbor..
    We lived next to each other for a year before actually getting to know each other , me thinking he didn't like me and him thinking I was out of his league.. How wrong we both were..

• I met my ex-fiance at work.

I met my current boyfriend on Tinder.

• I met my last boyfriend in a coffee shop - he was the waiter there.

• I met another bar. We had great sex and he was my long-term relationship for a total of 32 hours

• He was a friend of a friend and he was on a blind date with my best friend. LOL

• Actually in a game we both play online

• I met him on a dating site after years of searching.

• An online dating site.

• I met my last boyfriend at a pub. He was playing guitar there and winked at me. But that didn't work, despite him being really really nice - he was too young at the moment, so we only dated about 10 weeks.

I met my last really serious boyfriend on match. com.

• vote H: we met on the street

• Single now, but I met him years ago on a video game. We were just friends and around the same age. I moved, and he moved and at 19 we lived kind of close to each other. So we decided to give it a try. We saw each other on and off for about 7 months.

But then his job was done and he had to move back. I liked my job, and he wanted me to move to his state (I have lived there before and really disliked my time there). I asked him if he'd be interested living with me, but he wasn't so we ended it.

• That is a sad story. Do you think now that you were not meant to be?

• What you describe doesn't sound like a relationship that you would want to continue. He sounds rather self-centered. I hope you learned some lessons so you can avoid getting into a similar relationship in the future.

• It's a hard lesson, but I did learn from it. Thank you, I hope to avoid something similar whenever I try again.

What Guys Said 9