One minute she seems incredibly interested and the next she sends one word responses?

So I have only been talking to this girl for about 2 weeks. We met through Tinder and we have a date planned for this Friday, I had asked her to dinner last week but she couldn't. And she was actually the one who rescheduled the date. She was talking about how she feels like she knows me and she hasn't even met me. Some nights we text until 2 in the morning about random stuff and it's great, we've really gotten to know each other pretty well. She added me on Instagram and we have each other on snap chat and we are "best friends" on there according to the little heart emoji.

But then sometimes she just seems incredibly distant, one word responses and what not. I think most times that she is like this she is with friends or busy, but I'm not sure. We still text every day, but sometimes the conversation seems... forced? She has asked me a bunch of questions about my family and personal life questions. She also asked if I had gone on a date with someone on Tinder before, I told her yes and she asked me about them. One of those actually turned into a relationship for a couple of months but ended poorly, I told her this and apologized if that was too much information. She said she never really got into Tinder much and hasn't been on a date through the app.

She seems excited about the date, but sometimes she seems really distant. How do you think I should handle this? I don't want to come on too strong, but I also don't want to seem too disinterested... I have been hurt a lot in the past by girls and I get insecure very fast when things aren't going great all the time. I try not to show it, and I think I do a pretty decent job, and I know that things aren't going to be great all the time. But almost every relationship I've had has ended with the girl hurting me, my most recent girlfriend broke up with me by literally just ignoring my texts.

I am sure everything is fine, and I am over reacting and that things will probably be different after the date on Friday. It's just I don't want this to screw up like the other times.

She also texted me about an hour ago and I haven't responded yet, mainly just because the conversation wasn't really going anywhere.

What Girls Said 1

• I didn't read the whole post bc it was long lol but maybe it's less of a disinterest thing and more of a "running out of stuff to talk about" thing.

What Guys Said 1

• Who initiates most of the texts and how frequent?

• I've initiated more, but she does initiate a fair amount of them. We talk every day, and it's normally not until later at night that we really text a lot and half normal conversations, during the day is when she usually is distant. The other night she texted me at about 2 AM after she was out at the bar all night asking if I was up

• I agree. Good luck with that.

• She ended up texting me almost all night while she was out drinking with her friends, so it turns out I was worried about nothing.