Why do a lot of American women have low standards when it comes to men?

I strongly believe in abstinence before marriage if the ultimate goal of the relationship is MARRIAGE. A lot of women are just jumping into bed with men and later expecting them to call back. So many children have absent fathers, teen pregnency is on the rise, pre-marital sex is on the rise and fewer men want to get married. Do think women in America should hold men to higher standards?

• Yes
  • No
  • stfu I am a 21st century woman.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree totally. Girls want to be the modern 21st century women but don't really care about there body. They give it to whoever. Cheap prices attract lots of customers. I myself am waiting till marriage

What Guys Said 10

• If you think "Jumping into bed" and having sex before marriage are an illness of American culture, you should go to Europe.

The US is notoriously prudish when it comes to sex, compared to other nations. If anything, we are starting to catch up to Europe.

In Scandinavia, I hear it is fairly normal to have sex THEN decide if you want to date. And then even then, I hear couples often just don't get married. They live together, have kids, grow old, and then as a 20th anniversery celebration or something, they might perform the ceremony.

And let's not forget that in Northern Europe, guys aren't expected to pay for dates, take girls on extravagant dates, and make all the first moves. Girls approach basically as often as guys (I've heard Swedish girls complain that they ave to get Swedish guys drunk to get them to talk), dates are usually something like fika, which basically getting together for coffee. And you almost always pay for themselves. (Hence the phrase "Going Dutch").

Dating in the richest, most gender-egalitarian societies like these would probably make many American girls' heads explode. The American tradition for dating is where the woman plays a mostly passive role, while the guy initiates everything, pays for everything, and otherwise does all the wooing without expecting to be pursued in any way.

In THESE countries, such a method would be seen as unfair to the guy, demeaning to the girl, and intimidating to spend so much money and effort towards someone you haven't even really gotten to know.

Europe has a lot more sex in the US, and they are much more open about it. Sex education is compulsory and starts when they are really young, being taught things that would make us gasp in the US, like showing videos we would consider X-Rated, teaching healthy masturbation, and often having government funded contraception initiatives.

In the US, they teach abstinance-only sex, have big taxes on female contraceptiion, are holding up research into male contraceptives, and are so hush-hush about sex that when people go at it, many hadn't even been taught very well what precautions to take and what options they have.

So we have less sex, but more babies.

And worse yet, we censor sex but are nonchalant about violence. A very bad combination.

• They have tons of standards, just not the right standards. For instance the man must be rich or "ambitious" as they like to say, he must be willing to spend all his money on her, must pay all the time, buy her lavish gifts, fund her shopping sprees, he must be tall typically over 6' 2" (about 190cm), must have a full head of hair, and he must have extreme "confidence", which they don't seem to realize is quite often just plain old Narcissism. They ditch guys who really want a relationship with them for these assholes, get hurt, then blame all men for their stupid mistakes.

They need to stop basing their criteria off of Sex and the City, and girly mag bullshit, and base it on things like honesty, empathy, how much he is willing to sacrifice to be with her.

• Think about it this way, the system has changed a lot as well. Many of the reasons why guys want to get married have been legislatively removed, and there is a significant minority of men who have just given up on relationships in general. The risks involved in marriage have increased as well, so with a reduction in rewards and an increase in risk, more and more guys are just no longer interested. As for celibacy before marriage, it really has become old fashioned and seems to be mostly in religious circles that this is even considered a norm.

So in this political climate, how are you planning on holding men more accountable, if they have a child out of wedlock they already pay a significant amount of their check to the mothers. If you are thinking about "shotgun weddings" the feminists will have a cow, as that assumes ownership of the woman if she looses her virginity to him.

Are you thinking of incarcerating men who have sex out of wedlock, then who will support all of the single mothers? As the fathers will be in jail and unable to support them.

Or are you talking about women holding themselves to the standard of virginity until marriage? The problem with this is that this is a double standard as men have most always gone into the bridal room with sexual experience (prostitution being the norm in the middle ages through late Victorian times [if not later]). And when feminism came into being they wanted the same freedoms as men had when it came to pre-marital sex. As they no longer considered their virtue a commodity that could be bought and sold there was no reason to hold onto it. (Come on do you really think that that's the most valuable part of a woman?) So with little value put on virtue, the need to keep it is reduced. (hence the "slut shaming" that is becoming popular) Maybe this helps?

• It's kinda too late. Men have come to expect easy sex, they know if you were likely easy for other guys and will try to get the same deal. Most men aren't going to want to be the guy at the end of the line who has to wait until marriage if he knows 8+ other guys got sex by the third date before him.

• You describe the women and what they do, then somehow change it to holding men to higher standards. Not making a lot of sense.

• I usually dont answer questions from kids under 18, but this was a good one. I personally believe it is because most women want to dominate their men. They want hold the cards in the relationship do they can extract resources and feel valudated and secure... unknowing to them that they are making a huge mistake.

• *shakes head*

• Just another man basher then, if the standards of women are what they are all men are better of alone, look at them getting things removed because they cannnot handle the truth.

Your Question has been removed for being too antagonistic.

Question Title: Why are so many women on this forum such whiny bitches?

Question Details: Like complaining because men want equality and to be treated with respect. So many posts about men whining and posts insulting men who dump them or girls who nick their boyfriends. And complaints about sexism, there lot need to man up.

We strive to keep GirlsAskGuys a helpful and caring community for all. Please be more considerate with your future posts. Thank you for understanding!

• no they shouldn't because their standards are already high AF before age 30. Guys give them everything they want because their looks and if they want sex they get it and if they dont they call the guy a pervert or rapist cause the can and ruin the guys life. Once they hit age 30 they realize their looks won't get them anywhere anymore and rush to settle down with a guy before all the good guys are taken. Not all girls are like this but a lot are

• Yea I know a lot of women like that. They rejected/cheated/dumped me when I was younger, and now want me to take them back. I mean how stupid to you think I am? I deserve way better!

• No American women have some of the highest standards

What Girls Said 6

• I agree wholeheartedly. I think somewhere along the line women started giving out the goods without men having to earn it. Now it's easier for men to pass up who could be his wife for someone that will give him quick satisfaction. Supply and demand. That's when the lowering of the standards commenced. Some women must've decided to lower them in the desperate attempt to find a man. I don't know. Just my own thoughts.

• A lot of women are satisfied with having multiple baby daddies than to have a man in their life whom they can call their "husband".

• I was being sarcastic lol

• Lol gotcha! 😂

• Well aren't you self righteous. How charming.
    http://e.lvme.me/gkka281.jpg

• Not everyone out there thinks the ultimate goal of a relationship should be MARRIAGE IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS soooooooooo no.

• Less consequences due to easier access to welfare but most American women have higher standards than that because we are a wealthy nation.

• I had a LOT of sex with my husband before we married.

• Teen pregnancy and sexual activity has actual declined:

www.usnews.com/.../cdc-report-shows-declines-in-teen-sexual-activity-pregnancies

• HIV is up with women so men are obviously having unprotected same sex relations and not telling women

• I'd say that needle sharing is way up, with the heroin epidemic and also opana shooting going on in much of the nation. There have been several HIV crises in surprising locations, like small town America, over intravenous drug use...