Why is it only acceptable for women to have physical standards in men?

It seems like women can freely impose standards on men. But men (especially average men) get bashed if they have physical attraction/standards towards women. If they say they want an average or slightly above average looking women, then they will be called shallow or jerks instantly. If women (unless they are that hideous or obese) can freely only date the tall, handsome very fit, or perhaps rich men. What's really going on here?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I was sitting next to my female friend once when she was complaining about being singe and she said she needs to find a man with a big penis whos tall/rich. Im not even joking.
    So yeh you are right.

• Yes I bet not that much people will call her shallow. If a man has some standards then they are automatically shallow.

What Girls Said 4

• It's not - guys can have preferences and standards. Anyone who tries to argue about it is probably insecure.

• It's called a double standard. It's not logical or justifiable, but our world is just that messed up. There are double standards for both genders. For example, men are commended for having no lots of sex while women are shamed. It's just how things are, unfortunately.

• lol this is complete shit.

• I don't know.

It's good to not have unrealistic standards.

Beauty fades, character stays.

However, you have to feel some attraction towards your partner I suppose.

What Guys Said 2

• It's completely acceptable for anyone to have their own set of standards... if you've noticed some girls call a guy shallow or a jerk then it's just their insecurities playing out, not the majority of girls.

• i think the ideal man/woman does not exist for both sides and i also think that both genders have too high expectations.