Talking for 9 months... is he interested in more than just sex?

He lives/works abroad and we go on dates when he comes home every few months for vacation. He is really sweet, we have fun together and the sex is great. We've texted every day in between seeing each other for the past 9 months. But, because of the distance and the nature of his job (which, without going into details I really understand why he wouldn't), he's said he doesn't want a serious relationship right now. I am also not 100% sure that I want an official relationship with someone I can only see every few months, so I've been trying to manage my expectations and have also been going on dates with other guys here and there. But, I have grown to really like this guy. I do feel that he cares for me, but I'm insecure and I always worry that guys are using me for sex.

He's not given me any reason to believe that I am just a piece of ass. I think it's my own insecurities that stem from past bad experience with guys. But I don't want those experiences to make me paranoid and ruin future relationships or chances for relationships.

So what do you guys think? Would a guy stay in contact with a girl (especially long distance) for so long if he just saw her as a hookup? Or does it sound like he is actually interested, but just doesn't want to do the long distance thing for the time being?

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know.

• ... thanks. Haha

• I do know that just because the girl is long distance doesn't mean she's necessarily just seen as a hook up to me.

What Girls Said 0