Why do guys try and make a girl jealous?

Often times the guy I like makes it sound like he's got tons of options and girls are constantly throwing themselves at him. The reality of it is I know they aren't and he's really NOT a the ladies man he makes it out to be. this behavior more than anything turns me off a bit... Why does he do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• First I think we need to know these two questions: Does he know you like him? And do you know if he likes you?

Does he tell you about all the girls he gets? Perhaps he wants you to know that other women like him so that you will realize he is a hot item to have. He might think that by telling you about other girls it'll make you want him more. Sometimes that does work. When I first started dating my ex he would always mention random girls who hit on him. It was like he was trying to prove his worth to me. So maybe your guy just wants you to value him more as a prospective partner.

That behavior turns me off, too, but like I said, some guys believe that they will make you want them more if other girls want them.

What Guys Said 2

• Some men try

• Because guys want to be desired, and a good way to do that is to make a girl jealous.

What Girls Said 0