Is it required for a guy to let me know he has a girlfriend?

So I gained a crush on this guy and at first I wanted to be friends to see how things worked out. We were talking on and off for about two years as being friends. Things were lookin good, but then he disappeared for two months and came back. Within those two months he ignored me. When he came back it hurt a lot. I told him I did had feelings for him and it was not fair that he just left me hangin like that. So he apologised and we tried to be friends. I tried to continue things like they were before, but it wasn't the same, he didn't want to put the effort in hanging out with me, but we still flirted. So one night I told him I wanted to hang with him at his place, an that I was leaving a party, and was wondering if I could come by. No answer. I told him hey if you want to say no, at least your bing honest. And then when he told me his girlfriend wouldn't be too happy about that. Feeling embarassed, I wondered why he lead me on. I was so hurt. I told him, I was waiting so long for him, and that I didn't want to talk to him again. So should he have told me that he had a girlfriend when he came back into my world? Do you think if I didn't try to hang with him that he wouldn't of ever told me? I didn't want to stay friends because of the feelings that I had, but also when I felt like I wasn't a choice at all to be more than friends. I didn't want to be killing myself seeing those two together, so I took a step back and walked away from it.

Most Helpful Guy

• You may have eventually have caught feelings, but it seemed understood by both of you that you were only to be friends.

Friends shouldn't be obligated to divulge changes in their relationship status to you. That's just a risk you take with opposit sex friendships where you eventually catch feeling yet don't tell them fast enough.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he knew that you had feelings for him, he should of told you that he had a girlfriend. When you asked if the two of you can go back to his place.. then he told you about her. Maybe he was interested, but lost interest, maybe he wanted to get away being with you and being with his girlfriend, who knows.. you did the right choice to step back and walk away from it

What Guys Said 6

• Well that's what happens sometimes when you just try to be friends with someone. They may look elsewhere for someone that actually wants to date them

• He should have told you, bring her up in a conversation or he shouldn't have led you on if he has a girlfriend

• I've been in plenty of situations where I was sure the girl was into me and we would flirt and I'd find out well into it that she had a boyfriend. People suck.

• Well it sounds that he left you because his girlfriend and you mistook it for him leaving you by choice. Granted this could be an excuse. But if everything he says is true he should of told you that he was dating someone.

Anyway, there is no real solution or satisfaction to this as it's just 'how it is' Sorry :(
    But there is someone out there for you!

• He should have told you right off the bat! But he still wanted to get with you. To him it was just sex!

• in short, yes

What Girls Said 0