How long does the honeymoon phase last?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, @GraySailorsBride and I are still in our honeymoon phase after being together for 11 years (married for almost 10).

I'll let you know if it ever comes to an end.

• So its a good thing that like a year later I still get giddy and child like love emotions stuff I can't articulate with my boyfriend.

• Thanks for the MHO.

• Np.

Your answer and another answer saying "it bascially never ends of your doing it right"

Gives my cold little heart hope. Lol

Most Helpful Girl

• 16 years and still counting.

Dude, the honeymoon phase is like an old car. If you just let it run, it'll break down pretty fast, but, with some TLC and routine maintenance upfront, it'll last forever.

The most important word in that sentence, by the way, is "upfront".
    You add stuff to the fire while it's still burning. Not when the embers are going cold.

What Guys Said 8

• For me this kind of deep passionate feeling and that kind of sense that you could (and wanted to) have sex multiple times a day and couldn't spend a moment without each other only occurred with two girls in my lifetime, second being my now-wife.

For both, it started fading quickly after we started living together (about a year after). The period before seemed largely irrelevant to me, though for the first girl, it was a year, for my wife, 2 years.

Then I say it kind of ceased within months of living together, maybe because there's no way to really miss each other much anymore when you two are sleeping in the same house every day.

• We met in 1968 and we're still in love. Not in the same way, of course.

• Up to the point you have to beg for sex I think

• One to three months

• In my case? It'd never end!

• six months :P

• Usually months to a year or so.

There is a small minority of couples where it doesn't end. like 5-10%. I'd try to figure out how to sustain it, and that means both putting in the effort.

It ends when both start feeling less loved, generally, and they start doing small things they think the other didn't care about.

• 2 years maybe

What Girls Said 5

• i don't believe in that. that period of butterflies and what not can last as long as u want it to, or as long as u feel a real deep connection.

• It probably differs from couple to couple. I'd say like a year and a half.

It's the best when the honeymoon phase turns into the best friend (who you also get intimate with) stage.

• Forever. It should never be gone!

• Basically until you feel everything isn't new anymore.

• Different for everyone...