Do you have a preferred race or colour?

So I've come across people who think certain races or colour of people are more attractive than others. I think its pretty ridiculous how a race or colour can be better looking than others. I've seen very attractive people in all colours and some not so great.

I understand the whole date within your colour and race, as that is 'normal' in society.

So if you guys had no restrictions with dating or maybe even marrying, would you have a preferred colour of people? Or not. If you have a preference try giving reasoning as to why and why you don't prefer others.

This question was more targeted towards people who think a "x" ethnicity is more attractive, and "y" ethnicity has ugly people. I've seen many beautiful people in all ethnicities and some very unattractive people, but never have I thought that one ethinicty is "generally" more ugly. You can't generalize an entire ethinicity when you haven't even seen everyone.

I'm totally against generalizing statements that's why I wanted to get an opinion as to why people think

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think race matters at all, although I did notice that I tend to find more attractive people in some ethnicities than in others but there's no way you've ever seen all the people from one certain country or continent so I don't even think there's a way to say that you "wouldn't date that ethnicity or race".

Most Helpful Guy

• People can't change what they are attracted to, and it doesn't have anything to do with generalization unless that's their specific reason. If for example a white girl isn't attracted to black guys or a black girl isn't attracted to white guys, are you just gonna try to force them to be attracted to them?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a preference or being attracted to something, or are you gonna go after straight people and tell them that they should be attracted to their same sex too.

• Where exactly am I forcing anyone to like a certain race? I asked for preference and as to why they don't prefer others. There's no right or wrong answer here.

I'm just against people being prejudice towards a certain race, saying they have ugly people while a certain race has beautiful people.

• What if that's just their opinion though? I mean yeah I agree that it's a rude thing to say, but are you really gonna blame someone for their personal taste?

What Girls Said 11

• I'm a black woman and my preference is black men. However it is not because I am a black woman that my preference is black men. I didn't grow up around them. I've just always found darker skin attractive. There's just something about the smooth, rich quality of melanin haha. Really darker skin people in general are a plus for me, regardless of race.

• I prefer to date Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, and Caucasian... I'm just more attracted to the people of this ethnicity

• I prefer someone who is genuinely kind and respectful. Color doesn't matter.

• Through my understanding it's not necessarily who you find the most attractive, but who you want to date. For example, I could see a man who is African American and 6'5" and although he's extremely attractive to me, I would never date him because he would be ridiculously too tall for me.

• This is how I think

People who claim to have preferences more than likely have it for facial features since various skin color and height can be found in majority of the races. Yes it's a generalization since that look in is coming from the people that they see and meet but people do it.

There are also people who have preferences because of stereotypes which is is racist to me.

• I just don't care for pale skin. Anything else, I'm good with. No preference outside of that.

• Middle easterns. I don't know why.
    I guess I have read a lot of books that might have influenced it.

• I couldn't care less about race but I tend to be more attracted to white guys. The only ethnicity that I think is generally unattractive are Indian people.

• I've seen my fair share of attractive Indian girls, and unattractive white girls. I get your opinion on this but making a general consensus for a certain ethnicity is stupid.

• I'm not saying they can't be good looking, I've just yet to see an attractive one.

• I don't discriminate

• I am generally most attracted to guys of Irish and/or German lineage!

• I want alien with green skin with gigantic eyes and finger lighting

What Guys Said 8

• Black hair, brown skin, brown eyes - perfection!

• not really. i mean there are certain colors i find more attractive than others because i, like everyone, have my preferences, but overall, if she's hot, she's hot.

• no I don't care... I have a preferred type which you might find more often with some races than others, but overall it's not important to me

• Yes, my own race ;)

• Nah no preference really. hot is hot

• White, my race, preferably blue eyes. That is my strong preference. I would go with an Asian as well, petite would be great. Hispanic as well since we would share the same religion and I like the culture. Blacks, not really. I don't care for the hair and my kids would look very different than me, which would also be a disadvantage to any daughters giving dating preferences.

• I suppose I am abnormal since I date based on intelligence and personality, not skin color. I have no restrictions and care nothing about skin color.

• How is it ridiculous? Skin is a physical attribute. Races have other slight physical characteristics as well.
    You don't make sense.

To answer your question, yes. Most people do. You probably do too.