Best way to text a girl that isn't interested?

So, I met a pretty cute girl in my lab class (first lab of the semester). We hit it off pretty well, to be honest. I felt some good vibes comming off of her.. I got her number before I left. I texted her my name and a smiley face as I was leaving the building the lab class was in. She responded three minutes later saying it was good to meet me with a smiley face of her own. I was going to text back immediately asking her to grab lunch with me tomorrow (we both live on campus so it just made sense). But while trying to word it correctly, my phone died. I didn't have the chance to send it till around three hours later (around 9:30 pm). But she hasn't sent a text back and it 4am now. The only conclusion that comes to my mind is that she just isn't intrested. I say this because I've had my fair share of encounters with girls who simply just never respond as a way of saying "no." However, this is the first time that this will be a girl that I will have to see on a weekly basises for the next four months.

Which is why I was looking for help sending a quick, concise (preferably less than 160 characters) text that says something along the lines of: I'm assuming her no response means she's not intrested and that her choice to reject my advances is completely okay and I respect her decision. Lastly, I want to make sure that I wasn't the cause of any unwarranted awkwardness or stress about coming to lab and moving forward I was fine with us trying just to be lab partners/friends (because regaresless of how this turns out, it is absolutely imparative that I make good grades).

I would like to change her "no" to a "yes." But, that I can only do if she isn't just already completely put off by me and I don't see a way around her wanting to avoid me without making it clear to her that I honestly don't mind that she isn't just immediately ready to let me take her on a date.

What Girls Said 1

• ... But while trying to word it correctly, my phone died.
    I see the sure signs tha tin the beginning of this Beguine, she was Pressing a few Buttons on her own end here, dear, that leads me to Believe this a Positive note. However, I also Believe, she got as our ball in her mouth and this may have gone South because she saw that you may have been putting her On your Pay no list with the cell's "Untimely death" and it Lead To... Doom.
    No, no Texting, this calls for Face to face so you can defend Yourself... Before or after Lab class Place.
    This could be a good way to 'Change her "no" to "yes" because "Misunderstanding" Doesn't necessarily Spell "Not interested."
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 1

• "[...] that says something along the lines of: I'm assuming her no response means she's not intrested and that her choice to reject my advances is completely okay and I respect her decision."

Noooooo! That's a weak answer: "If you don't like me, it's okay, no big deal."

That doesn't help anything.

Try to keep it fun, light, playful. You can be a little persistent about it until you get a flat out rejection, but I don't recommend doing this kind of weak text. Plus it elevates things to an awkward level -- keep it friendly, fun.

• That's like a "nice guy text", as in kind of loser-ish, and it makes it all awkward. You're a guy, be macho, take what you want, but have fun doing it. You can just invite her to hang out somewhere, have fun. Don't be all like, "I respect your decision if you don't have those kinds of feelings" -- change the whole mental attitude.

• Downside to this approach is that it might be easy to elevate things with a woman and also get a lot of women to go out with you, but it's difficult to find things in common outside the bedroom that really make for enduring relationships, since you moved so quickly out of the friendly zone.

• Or, put another way, you'll be sleeping with women that don't necessarily make the ideal LTR material. It's not that taking things more slowly would have necessarily helped, but you would have slept together before finding out that you were perfect for each other.