If I'm not attracted to my boyfriend should I even be dating him?

Most Helpful Guy

• do yourselves a favor, break it off.

• he will be so much happier with a girl who actually is attracted to him, and vice versa.

• The only problem is that he loves me WAY too much and I can't break his heart

• It's going to break his heart a lot more the longer you leave it

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't be dating him. You're both gonna be better off, if you break things off honestly. I'm sure he'll find someone who's attracted to him, and hopefully he'll see that you care enough about him not to lead him on. :D

What Guys Said 20

• Be honest and tell him, you are not attracted to him in a physical way. Better to be honest and hurt him now and maybe remain friends, than to string him along and have him hating you later and him feeling you used him.

• I thought it was whats on the inside that counts? He may not be physically attractive but may be attractive in other ways?

• @Trotters You can be with someone one and be happy with them, but if you are not physically (sexually) attracted to them. Your relationship is never, going to develop beyond friendship.

• If that is the case.. why would you be with him to start with.. find someone who is interested in you.. and you in him

• No if your not attracted to him at all then you should not be with him, it may hurt him but cutting him lose now is more humane then stringing him along and potentially hurting him more down the line.

• No if you like there personally but aren't attracted to them then you have discovered a friend right there.

• No, break it off soon as possible. It's not fair on him. I've had to do it, yeh its hard to tell someone but a relief in the end

• No... tell him now and don't string him along.

• Yes, if he is rich

• uh no; you are a prick for being in a relationship in the first place. Its not too hard though to become attracted to someone, doubt you are strong enough to do so eh? weakling?

• yes break up and tell him the truth in a nice way

• Christ almighty. You need to go online to figure this out. Are they breeding robots in this millennium?

• Probably not.

• Nope, you will have to friendzone him

• Depends if you are both okay with it. I wouldn't want to be in that relationship tho. If a girl that I find attractive also finds me attractive it makes her even more appealing to me.

• he must be popular

• Why the hell would you agree tp date him if you dont find him attractive. Please explain.

• I HATE IT when women do this.

• if you're not attracted to him, then whats the point of being together as a couple then?

• no you should not unless you decide just to be friends with benefits

• No.

You don't need to think they're gorgeous, but the idea of making out with them needs to be appealing. If you dont' feel something for them on a physical level, you shouldn't be in a monogamous relationship with them. Let them go find someone who does want them.

That's true even if you're not sexually active. "waiting" does not mean you can date people you don't want in the future either.

• Help a brotha out, give him pity sex!

jk

What Girls Said 18

• If All possible, @EMP143, before this Goes onto Be More in Store, Tell him, face to face, that you would like to be friends and that you are Not... Ready for a Steady Eddy Real Relationship at 16.
    Sometimes you have to Sugarcoat Someone Special to Avoid a 'Real' Heartbreak that they may or may not be able To... Take.
    Good luck. xx

• Probably not. What is the point in dating someone you're not attracted too? It's not going to go anywhere and if it does you're not really going to be happy and neither is he if you don't really like him that way.

• If you are not attracted to your boyfriend, he is not your boyfriend. But then again at age 16 you may not have that feeling yet. Are you attracted to other guys? If you are attracted to other guy at a physical and emotional level, then this guy who you claim to be your boyfriend really isn't. However if you are not attracted physically to anyone yet, then this guy is an okay boyfriend

• he deserves to be with someone who finds him attractive, don't make him waste your time with you (and don't waste your time with him :) ). good luck ! :)

• Nope. You're too young to be tied down to someone who you don't even find attractive.

• break up and stop wasting yours and his time.

• no u shouldn't.

• You're most likely aching for freedom. Break it off & move on.

• No.. you should be dating someone who will see in you the most beautiful girl in the world for him!

• Definitely not, you're wasting both his time and yours if you are sure about your feelings for him. The sooner you break it off the sooner he can move on to someone who will love him.

• If you're not attracted to him then no, you should not be dating him.

• No. Move on and let the both of you be happy with someone else.

• No. Don't

• no, you should love him as a whole

• u should break up with him
    my frnd had the same situation and she broke up with her boyfriend but he wa cool with it coz he knew that she didn't like him

• can you kiss him, sleep with him if yes stay with him if not dump him

• I know the feeling , Break it off. You've to be attracted to him for it to last.

• No, don't do that. You're not only wasting your time, but you're wasting his time as well.