Is it better to date a girl less attractive than you?

It means she will appreciate you more and less likely to cheat

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on the person. Everyone seemed to agree that I was better looking than my ex boyfriend (including himself) and yet... He cheated on me.

During the time I was with him I was very loyal to him - I'd stopped calling one of my guy friends on Skype, stopped trying to get previous guys I liked to like me, when I found out one of my past crushes liked me I kept away from him and didn't do anything and even rejected someone. I don't want a reward for that because I know being loyal to someone when you're in a relationship is something that you SHOULD do.

However, despite apparently being more attractive than him, I was more loyal than he was and he obviously did not appreciate me enough.

Most Helpful Guy

• When does that ever mean she is less likely to cheat?

You are basically saying that prettier girls are dishonest and immoral, while ugly girls are honest and loyal. While prettier girls are going to get more male attention, it is still up to her whether to cheat or not. If you've watched Jerry Springer, you'll see that even the ugliest of the ugly girls are just as capable of cheating as anyone else.

Cheating is not due to how attractive a person is.
    Cheating is the result of either an unhappy relationship where the emotional bonds are not being met. Or the result of a self-centered POS who thinks only for their own benefit.

What Girls Said 2

• Doesn't stop cheating. If she wants to fuck someone else she wanna fuck someone else. I've seen ugly guys cheat on hot girls and vice versa just cos they were bored. Also she won't appreciate you more, it'll probably make her more nervous to be with you in public tbf because she'll think she isn't good enough.

• If you're looking for personality then looks shouldn't matter, and looks fade. At old age all girls who are now old women aren't attractive any more. It depends on what you're looking for : a committed relationship or a hook up but honestly looks can be altered to a certain degree but a person's mind set rarely changes. If a girl wants to cheat she'll cheat whether she's ugly or beautiful, it just depends on what kind of person she is.

What Guys Said 10

• Not at all, because if the girl is less attractive, then the guy is more likely to cheat anyway. I guess it's best to date people we connect with, physically and emotionally. The importance of Attractiveness is blown out of proportion.

• Guys and girls are only as loyal as their options. Looks have nothing to do with it. If she is going to cheat on you, she is going to do it.

• Or she'll become paranoid about you cheating with someone hotter than her.

Her looks won't define who she is as a person.

• if you're attracted to her thats all that matters d00d, vice versa

• I think the idea of the other person being more attractive is pretty shitty to begin with. Of course I understand that thats how it works in reality, but if you're in a relationship you shouldn't think of yourself being the more attractive person. Cause that can give you an idea that "they are lucky to be with you" and that will only end badly.

• Much better! Not to mention girls that are less attractive than you are easier to get with too. They are more low risk but high return because your chances at being rejected is somewhat lower. It's high return because they are more likely to have a positive personality.

I am working hard to make sure I find girls that are not attractive to be attractive because attractive girls are too much of a handful. It's starting to not really worth the effort.

• In my experience, it was better when I dated girls less attractive than me. Im an attractive guy and the girls I met who are just as hot as me were stuck up and bitchy. They always thought that the relationship is about them. I would date a nice, plain girl who I find attractive.

• Nope, it's the inside that matters in case of cheating

• because on the social dynamics, men generally marry up and women generally marry down in the looks section.

• Right idea, wrong implementation.

It's best to date a girl who is head over heels for you, was really excited by you, and who wanted you, not one you won over.