Am I in love with a narcissistic psychopath?

My guy and I have been together on and off for 4.5 years. He's very passive aggressive & tends to freeze me out when he's mad. Weeks, months. I finally said I've had enough & called it off, but we ended up back together when he swore he had changed.

He's angry with me for a Bunch of minor things but shut me completely out of his life. But didn't break up with me. Said he wanted space. I texted him this morning when he stared right through me at work. No reply. It's been almost a week.

But right before he did it, he was super loving. I was the best. I was his whole world. He loved me. It was like a light went off & now he's cold & mean.

Am I in love with a psychopath? This can't be normal. This feels like cruelty. Like abuse. I've done everything he asked & he still won't talk to me. I know I need to do something but I don't know what. Any advice is helpful.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• You could be. I don't understand why you're still staying with him. You don't deserve that kind of treatment. You should find someone who respects you.

What Guys Said 2

• Could easily be. Instead of worrying about what he is just get a better boyfriend. you're still young enough to get out there and meet someone.

• It's been so weird. I asked if he wanted me just to go away & he told me no. I was overreacting. Just tone down what I was doing & all would be well. He still won't speak to me. Stares coldly through me. We aren't even separated & he ignores me like I'm dead.

• Look, here's the thing. From where we are we can't really know if he's a psychopath or not. The important issue here is that he makes you feel unloved. If the relationship is poor, then the reason doesn't matter. What does matter is that your life is ticking away. Are you going to waste it wondering if he's a psychopath or not, or are you going to use the time you have to create a good life for yourself?

• Maybe he has some narcissistic tendencies, but a lot of people do. I DO think you should just move on, though. No sense in wasting more time on the same thing.

What Girls Said 0