Why is he calling me babe?

I met this guy and we have hung out a few times mainly at his house watching movies, eating dinner, talking and hanging out. We have a lot in common and we get along really well. I've spent the night at his house a few times and he didn't try anything... we haven't slept together yet. He is very touchy though, always rubbing my leg when we sit on the couch and cuddling with me. When we first started hanging out he said he wasn't jumping into anything but wants a relationship and I respect that so I'm just enjoying the moment. He recently started calling me babe in text messages. I always thought that was a term people used in relationships with their boyfriend/girlfriend. Does this sound like it's going in that direction?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I think he has started seeing you as his partner otherwise that word is not used commonly. Yes I think its heading in that direction

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah y'all practically married Congrat!!!

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah, he's definitely trying to be in a relationship with you and he made it clear. Now, it's on you to accept it or not.

• I call every girl babe

• Yes. Of course he is and if he's waiting for sex.

• Some people just like nicknames

• in anyway mean he is feeling more affectionate towards you

What Girls Said 1

• I call guys I'm not dating babe. Its not a big thing. Might just be the way he is.