Are Girls Overly Picky Nowadays?

I'm not trying to complain or rant like the bitter misogynists on here, but I have to say that I am feeling very frustrated at how picky so many girls seem to be today. For example, I consider myself a 5 or 6 on a scale of 1-10, making me a solid average to high average at best, and I try to pursue girls who are in the same league as me. Yet, the vast majority of 5-6 girls won't even give me the time of day as they only want super hot 8-9 guys. I've even tried 4/10 girls who I was clearly more attractive then, and they are still really picky only wanting 8s and 9s.

Furthermore, I find the personality of a lot of these average girls to be off putting. They seem to think that they are precious and an absolute treasure that is entitled to an amazing guy, yet the vast majority of them on my campus are--no offense to anyone--the butch hipster/LGBT types who are often overweight. I'm not saying that I'm amazing, but these girls aren't exactly the pinnacle of feminine beauty either. Finding a girl who is pretty by traditional feminine standards--even a basic White girl--is so damn difficult as everyone in NorCal is either the LGBT hipster type or an Asian (who I'm not very attracted to, no offense).

Frankly, the great irony here is that I've discovered that the amazingly attractive, smoking hot 8, 9, and 10 girls are actually more approachable and open to the possibility of dating an average guy than the average girls are. The only problem is that most of them aren't single and I tend to lack the confidence to approach them.

Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't doubt there are some that are overly picky. I can only speak for myself.

I have always been a go with the flow type of person, so if the guy is good company, I'd consider dating him. I've dated different shapes and sizes, so I don't go for height or purely on looks. I haven't been to NorCal yet, only SoCal, so I don't know what it's like up there. You can always take a break, or maybe try expanding your search? But then you'd been in a more long distance type of relationship, and I'm not sure how that will work out.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well Bro you are correct, girls these days think they're worth more than they actually are worth , i just avoid them and ignore them and eventually they realise i dont really care so they become much nicer and more approachable and in fact they kinda have an interest in me sometimes as well , and yes the beautfiul girls are nicer and more approachable but sadly they are taken.

What Girls Said 7

• idunno what to tell ya. girls vary as much as guys vary so there's always someone for someone. why would u say these girls rejecting u want 8 or 9? did they say that to u? and on avg 8 or 9 girls are gonna be more picky than avg girls because they CAN be. they have options. my experience with girls has always been avg girls are much nicer.

mean girls are just mean girls regardless of how they look. i guess we tend to notice mean avg girls and nice pretty girls the most bc they deviate from the norm.

it sounds to me maybe u are having a hard time in the region u are in, but ur assessment just doesn't seem applicable to everywhere. everyone has standards. guys are more fixed on girls being X out of 10 in looks. girls dont really talk like that. we like looks too but other things are more important. dig deep within urself and c what u can do to get better luck. if u truly are fine and there's nothing else u can do, its just where u live.

• Nope its just how it is.

• Average looking girls won't accept something average because they don't believe that they are average

• Honestly yes, that happens. But there are many girls that aren't shallow like that as well.

• Unfortunately in this world, we all judge each other, and everyones scales are different.
    Imagine for a moment...
    Everyone is precious, and has the potential to be someone's absolute treasure.
    You have the potential to be someone's absolute treasure.
    Why would you, or these girls settle for someone who doesn't think they are worth that much? Just for the sake of being on the same level?
    THERE IS NO LEVEL. It's a man made hierarchy and it sucks.
    Stop trying to find a girl, any girl who might accept you, and wait until you meet someone you are truly interested in. Someone who is worth that risk of rejection.

• I'm out of your age bracket, but I see a lot of average girls and guys dating. Maybe it's clear that you aren't that interested in the girl's you're hitting on and it's underwhelming. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by lgbt type... But hitting on lesbians is obviously not going to work. Try hitting on girls you actually feel interested in - maybe not like Miss Cali 2016 teen queen, but normal girls you actually feel a spark for. Disdain for the person you're trying to date (why, even? sex?) surely can't help your efforts.

• I have no idea, but I think the attractive girls are more approachable because they don't realize how attractive they are.

What Guys Said 10

• And if guys are a little picky, then the insecure girls will start calling guys out as jerks or shallow. Girls feel like they are entitled to any guy they want, no matter what they look like. I don't know why they feel like they are a prize to be won over, no matter how they look like or how they are like as a person. I believe feminism has something to do with it.
    "Frankly, the great irony here is that I've discovered that the amazingly attractive, smoking hot 8, 9, and 10 girls are actually more approachable and open to the possibility of dating an average guy than the average girls are." If you don't mind, can you somehow provide proof for this? Last but not least, the image I found may be quite fitting for your question.

i3.kym-cdn.com/.../893.jpg

• True. Most girls today are raised to believe this girl power bullshit, the feminist propaganda that tells them that they're all special little princesses who are smart/beautiful/strong/amazing/powerful/dazzling/[insert congratulatory platitude].

Moreover, most girls rarely get reality checks from friends or parents. When most girls fuck up, rather than having their friends mocked them and their dad tell them not to be such a dumbshit in the future, everyone around comes out of the woodwork to coddle them and remind them how smart/beautiful/strong/amazing/powerful/dazzling/[insert congratulatory platitude] they really are. It's a recipe for an unrealistic sense of self-worth.

• I feel like NY and California are the are probably the worst places to find meaningful relationships.

• Feminist propaganda is rampant, and it makes girls more picky

Girl wants that long, tan, and handsome 6' guy with 6 figures, a 7-8 inch bulge, and ripped. This is pretty much the pinnacle of male aesthetics. The ultimate Alpha Male who'll make even the straightest of guys question his sexuality

The problem is that Feminist propaganda also tells girls
    1) That it's not their fault if they're overweight
    2) That they shouldn't try to lose weight
    3) That they should never try to be a housewife...
    4) ... Or want to do "housewife" things
    5) That they should never try to please a man

While also telling these girls that they should just expect that guy to scoop them up and save them, no matter how unappealing they are, so you end up with this below average girl who's overweight, jobless, ambitionless, and lazy, who'll contribute absolutely nothing to a relationship, who doesn't DESERVE a guy like him, but won't settle for anything less

• The media man they corrupted people , they made people live empty fake life people work jobs they don't like to buy things they don't need and they put a man's /woman's figure and make you think that tgat is your dream girl/boy and anything else is bad they made us pursuit fake perfect women/men.

And then they ask me why I hate the media lol

• The hottest girls don't get asked as much. As guys think they r already taken. And the ugly ones only want the good looking guys. The scale is fucked up lately!

• no because it all depends on the girl everyone has different personalities

• They are exactly as picky as they can get away with being.

• They'll get less picky at 35 ish (but still silently recent you) so cheer up mate!

• Definitely yes I have been rejected a lot