Are white guys intimidated by black girls?

So most of the kids at my school are white. Im half black and half white. I would like to be in a relationship with a guy. I wouldn't consider myself unattractive by any means. But sometimes i feel that the guys at my school perfer other girls just because theyre white and Im not?

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of white guys have never really considered it. If you indicate that you like them, their opinion will probably change. I am white and have dated black girls, but it took me awhile to realize that the first one actually liked me before we finally got together (and when I did finally realize it, I felt really, really stupid because in retrospect it was so obvious for so long).

Most Helpful Girl

• Not true
    I'm not black but let me tell you white guys want to be with girls from a different color.
    I'm half middle eastern half Indian and I feel like white guys are too scared to approach me because a girl like me is foreign to them.
    Every single white guy (or most) that I have met have this fantasy of wanting to have sex with a black woman.
    Black women have the most beautiful bodies and sexy features but I think part of the intimidation is that they are afraid of being shot down.
    That's the same with white guys and middle Eastern girls.
    Asian girls are a lot more easier and lienet and predictable so they are more confident to approach them.
    If you make the first move I'm sure the guy would be surprised but totally happy and feel special that this "exotic" ebony woman approached him.
    And dude your half white so technically it's not that different.

What Guys Said 15

• Some are. Most people of every race tend to look primarily within their own race for romantic partners. Truly open-minded people are few and far between.

Things have gotten better over the past few decades but to a surprising extent, interracial relationships are still basically transgressive and/or taboo most everywhere on our planet, and certainly in the United States.

• I don't think they're intimidated, nor not attracted. They're probably more used to seeing white girls and dating them. There are cultural differences like it or not and that may affect interracial dating and such.

• If by "intimidated" you mean "not sure how to communicate with them because they are strange and I just can't".

• Intimidated is just another word for their not attracted to you... dont kid yourself by using intimidated

• I'm not intimidated by black girls. I'm just not attracted to them

• Just be social and interact with more people and something will happen.

• welcome to nature.

• intimidated? no
    and I don't care about skin colour.

• I don't think so I've dated half black half white girl and she was as hood as you can get and she was my world

• Definitely not.

• I don't know, I'm white and I actually prefer black girls

• I agree with @AmongTheApples Most white guys just never really consider black girls as an option. Even if they are attracted to a black girl they see them as off limits, assuming they won't date white guys. As such they don't spend much time thinking about the beauty or positive traits black women have.

Much like someone else mentioned, white guys go to where they think they will be wanted. A good example is now that Asian women have a reputation for liking white guys, there is a huge number of white guys drooling over Asian women. If black women had the reputation for liking white guys, white guys would start drooling over black women. Instead black women have the reputation for only wanting black men.

I hate blaming the media, but in this case I believe the media really is at fault. A lot of the only exposure many white guys get about black women is from the media, where black women are always talking about finding her self a "black" man, as oppose to just trying to find a man. On television it is almost like being black is the focus of their entire lives. If the white guy as little or no real world experience with black women, it can make white guys feel like black women aren't an option.

• Girls, y'all need stop believing that guys are intimidated by you just because they aren't crawling over each other to ask you out. There are many reasons guys don't ask you out, but intimidation is one of the least likely, unless you happen to be an off-the-charts hottie.

Now, concerning why white guys don't date black girls... I could turn this around on you and ask you why black girls don't date white guys just as well. The point of this being that it's not a one-way street. Interest has to be mutual for people to get together. When only 1 out of 20 black girls shows interest in white guys, you can bet that white guys are going to take notice and adjust accordingly.

People go where they're wanted. White guys date white girls because we know they want us, period.

• I'm going to answer your original question and say -yes-. A lot of white guys are a little intimidated by black girls. Not in the sense that they think black girls are so out of their league. But they worry black girls won't like them (and many seem to only really want black guys, but not all). They worry they'll seem to boring, quiet, cautious compared to the guys she's used to.

• Not intimidated, but unsure.

What Girls Said 4

• I know quite a few who are. For some reason they think that a black girl won't want to talk to them or something. I went to a predominantly white school because I lived in a predominantly white neighborhood. I transferred to a private school junior year of HS (I'm a senior now), but while a lot of the kids are still white like at my old school, they are racist little pricks. I have no trouble getting a white guy now. I don't care about the skin color. I don't go for a guy based on that, but I've grown up with limited options and white guys seem to be the ones who want me. Don't worry about HS guys. College is where it's really at.

• I feel like each race wonders if the other race wants them. For example, I am a white girl and I feel shy to flirt or chat with black guys i find cute because I am afraid they won't be interested in me. I think the same goes for every race. We all are worried that the other race won't be interested, but nobody discusses it. If you like a guy, talk to him! As soon as you show you are open to the person regardless of race etc, its likely they will do the same and open up to you :)

• maybe they just don t like your type of beauty doesn t mean they are intimidated.
    some people prefer the type they are used to

• I agree with the other girls who commented on this. Flirt with them first and I don't think you'll have any problems.