Im 23 and still a virgin? Am I weird?

I am a female,23 and im still a virgin. I used to super religious because i used to hang out with my crazy sister and my mother has a tendency to push people away so growing up around that, i was brainwashed into thinking people are mean and you shouldn't trust anyone. Now im 23 and i m naturally really social and i love talking and hanging out with people and positive but im socially behind and as a result of that i keep pushing people away, how can i stop this? and will people laugh at me if i tell them i am still a virgin? Like when they ask why i always shut down.. what am i supposed to say... i didn't grew up to be social?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's perfectly normal, there are tons of people out there who are virgins at your age still too. I was really socially awkward in high school, but I read a book called "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie and it really helped me get so much better at social interactions, so I'd recommend you read that.

A lot of people are pressured to lose their virginity as soon as possible, so that's why it's increasingly rare to find someone who's a virgin and over 20 years old. But there really is nothing wrong with it. If they ask why, just say you haven't found anyone you want to lose it to. Or that you were raised religious, and was taught not to lose it until after marriage but your views have changed over time. Hopefully this helped.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing wrong with it! I'm 22 & a virgin & I'm saving myself for my wedding day!

What Guys Said 6

• It depends on what country you live in. If you live in Iran, it is not a big deal. If you live in North America, Europe, or parts of southeast Asia (kind of mixed signals there), then you need to get that problem taken care of.

After you have had sex a few dozen times, you will wonder why you waited so long and why you thought virginity was a big deal.

• religion, I still believe its bad before marriage, I have been brainwashed

• Here are some facts you need to understand.

When the religious rules were established, marriage was typically at 13 to 16 years old. People were usually dead by 40, women in particular would often die in childbirth. Staying a virgin until married was important, because 10 year olds shouldn't be having sex, and the social norm for marriage was as teenagers.

The social norm on marriage has changed, but the virginity upon marriage for some religions has not.

Today, the average age of a woman's marriage is 27 and about 2.5% of women (US) are virgins when they marry. However the average age of a virgin marriage is 19. Religious virgins are not waiting to have sex, they are just marrying earlier. Worse, is that women who marry under 21 have an enormously high divorce rate compared to women whose first marriage is 27 to 30.

Your error is that you accepted part of the religious tradition (virgin 'til marriage), and gave up the part about marrying at 15. They go hand in hand.

• Also, I was dating an Asian girl, who was 22, and a virgin Moslem. We met online, and on our first meeting, she immediately said, "I want you to know, no sex, because I am saving myself for marriage." The next day when she is in the woman on top position, I reminded her, "I thought you were saving yourself for marriage." She said, "Oh forget about it!"

• More a breath of fresh air these days, as so many give it away too easy and usually a drunken party and can't even remember doing it! Younger girls should be inspired by it and want to do the same rather than think its weird.

• ide say theirs nothing wrong with it. if its bothering you get laid. you're a chick all you have to do is ask

• Nope your personal situation is all

• No it is not werid. It is quiet normal.

• No you're not weird. Not at all.

I'm 29 and still a virgin.

What Girls Said 1

• just be honest, there's nothing wrong with it