Have you ever asked your s.o. early in the relationship why their last relationship failed?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not a matter of asking so much as the subject came up in conversation organically.
    I explained how my first marriage failed.
    She explained the same about her first marriage.

It's not like we could sweep the matter under the rug. We each had custody of children from our first marriages. Both former spouses would continue to be in our lives for years to come.

After talking about such significant relationships, talking about other past relationships was small potatoes.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never asked, if they want to talk about it and tell me then I'll listen but I don't push about it.

What Guys Said 3

• Nope, so far they've always been up front about it. Never recall having to ask.

• I really need to get a S. O. so I can answer questions like these accurately, haha.

• my ex said her ex made her pay for dates for him and that was it.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah sometimes, i just like to know why, it's nothing wrong, it's just going to know them as well. They've never had a bad reaction to my question.

• yeah I have!

• Never asked this, not in early relationship, not later.