Have you ever dated/married outside of your race?

I was watching an episode of Steve Harvey about interracial dating. I'm thinking about broadening my horizons. What do you think? Have you ever dated anyone outside of your race? What was the experience like?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a quarter Japanese and 75% white with Irish ancestry so just about everything feels like interracial dating to me, though somehow it felt like it most when I was dating a Russian woman and another time when I was dating a black woman.

I think it's because I spent most of my life in Japan, so the majority of women I dated were Japanese, and I also feel most comfortable around Japanese people. That said, it still feels interracial, even with my wife, since I don't quite look Japanese.

I'm used to getting some odd looks here and there, but I'm used to it, being pretty much treated like a foreigner no matter where I go (my friends in the U. S. say I'm from Japan, my friends in Japan say I'm from the U. S.).

The toughest time for me was when I dated a black woman, and maybe that's when the "interracial" aspect of it most stood out. I didn't find out until then that my mother (100% white) was pretty racist, and it strained my relationship with her. Furthermore, when holding hands with her in public, people would tease us sometimes about it, so it was a bit difficult. But I loved her very much, still remember that her cheeks were so soft and I couldn't stop kissing them, and she made me like BBQ ribs. I never liked BBQ ribs before, but she made me try some at her favorite restaurant and I fell in love with BBQ ribs right then and there.

Mostly I think every woman I've dated broadened my horizons a bit, got me to like new things, made me experience new things. With the Russian girlfriend, I felt so close to her family. I met them soon after and they treated me like one of their own, though I didn't care much for the food (tried some weird things like pickled eggs).

Above all, my idea of beauty has broadened to kind of encompass the entire world. I've come to find people of all sorts of ethnic backgrounds to be really attractive, and it made me appreciate traveling a lot more, and also helped me build a diverse range of friends.

• Thank you for your story. It seems as though beinf in these different relationships have broadened your perspective about the world around you. But I am biracial (black and Puerto Rican) but my last relationship (with a black guy) didn't feel like it was interracial despite the jokes. Because I was brought up with more of my black culture. But I would like to try dating outside of what I'm used to.

• Sounds like you have a similar background to me with the biracial background and affinity towards one side. I'd say go for it. I might have married some of these past women except that most of them turned into long-distance relationships as a result of my work, their work, or both. Yet I've never regretted the experience.

• Yeah, I do have a similar background. I hope to find someone who is right for me outside of my race because I want something different and I want to try new things.

What Guys Said 20

• Over half the women I have gone to bed with are a different race. I am white, most of them are Asian because I like smart women and Asian women (smart or not) are extremely easy to go to bed. I have only had sex with one black girl (I really don't like big butts or big boobs). I have also had sex with a bunch of Eurasians (my favorite because they are the prettiest) and a Blasian.

Asian women do tend to be tighter than their non-Asian counterparts. A couple of them were, like wow tight.

I like true blondes with a little bush. It is a little softer than other kinds. They are hard to find.

Women with thicker lips (Filipinos, Malays, Indonesians, Thais, blacks) are better kissers and if they know how to work it, are better than their thin lipped white counterparts of similar skill on bjs.

• Glad u had a lot of good experience. Thank you for sharing

• I haven't but I have no objection to doing it

• Yes i have/am right now

• I have. My last two girlfriends were a different race than me. I don't care about color. In my book, if I think you're cute, then you're cute. My family doesn't care and neither did my gf's families. I feel bad for the people who grow up in prejudice families and communities though. Especially here in the United States. It's 2016 people! Stop being stupid. But then again you can't "force" yourself to date people you're not attracted to either. You like what u like, and there shouldn't be anything wrong with that. I'd say go for it. And if it doesn't work then it's no big deal.

• Thank you for your story. I'm not the kind of person who pays too much attention to physical attributes. You could be orange. If you always try to be the best person you can be and are treating me with respect and love, then all is well.

• Exactly :-)

• I have dated girls who were black and Asian, yes. It was fine. They're girls!

• Yeah I have

• I've dated Asian, black & latin women. I didn't date them because of their race though. They were just cool people that happened to be another color, nbd.

• Lol well I feel ya on that one. Coolness is what matters

• Nope I can't say I ever have, though I'm completely open to it I think it would be a rather interesting experience and learning experience due to the other cultures, languages etc you could be exposed to.

• Yeah, you should go for it if you find the right person! That's part of the reason why I want to date a person from a different culture. I just want different things in my life right now, and that means bringing in new people.

• Yeah, don't rush good things. We all have to remember that

• Lol yeah I'm not a rusher and indeed.

• It feels normal. Love is just blind

• Well I sorta "seen" a puerto rican girl, was less than dating or a couple and kissed a black girl when I was younger. Was no different then the other women I've been interested in. You should date or be with someone based on how they treat you and not on a show you watched..

• Yes, I agree! Thank you for your stiry

• I don't think I have a racial preference. I like everyone basically; I'd happily marry someone of a different ethnicity. But yeah besides slight cultural differences its like dating anyone.

But some of my friends seem to have a higher preference for their own race or don't find certain ethnicities attractive at all.
    One of my friends is Bengali and doesn't find white women attractive. Shocking.

• Thank You so much for your post! It's good to see that some of us look for more than just race or color!

• It's also exposure, familiarity and culture.

• I've asked a couple black girls out to eat before but nothing really came out of it. I guess they could be considered dates even though we were coworkers at the time. It's not a big deal. We are all human beings.

#StopTheHate&Date

• Well at least you drummed up the nerve to ask them out lol. Some people can't even make it to that part. But ur right. We're all human beings

• Lol my msitake ! But you're right! We're more alike then we think

• *mistake

• 2 Mexicans... but i was a child, still, i think it counts.

• I dated a white girl once but her parents didn't like me but her siblings did. I broke it off even though see didn't want to but it was best for her.

• It's unfortunate that some people can't get past the ignorence. Skin tone doesn't tell what kind of person u are. Thank you for sharing your story

• Yes... I have... A LOT... not that much different from the norm... the only thing would be cultural differences but thats it really depending on which 'region' they are from.

• Thank You for posting! It seems like you're very open minded about dating different people.

• Yes, I prefer to view a person for who they are... not for their 'Nationality/Race)

• i dated outside of my race. was quite nice though i have no prejudices anyway.

• Well that's great. I'm glad it went well for you. I hope to have a great experience to. Thank you for your story.

• we sadly had only two dates xD oh well. you´re wellcome.

• Lol well it's better than nothing! ;}

• Nope and I wouldn't.

• No but I haven't dated inside of my race either.

• I've never actually dated anyone before, but I've been attracted to and have come close to dating women who are of another race.

• Well you have a lot of time to find the right person no matter the race.

• Thank you, I'm in no rush. She and I will either meet one day or already know each other and find out we are mutually attracted.

• True!

• I dated an Asian girl once. I don't think I will again, unless she was a westernised Asian. I don't like cultural differences.

• OK, thanks for your input!

What Girls Said 15

• I like cream in my coffee, All the time. I'm down with the swirl. White, Black, Islander, Asian, Latino, Middle Eastern. They all have what I want... a pulse and a penis that's enough for me👌✊👍👏

• Yes, I've only dated one black guy in my life and have yet to date a hispanic guy. #biracial I like a guy right now and while I'm kind of unsure of where I want to go with him relationship (or possible relationship) wise, he's white. I don't care the race. I care about the person and who they are as a person. It's stupid, to me, to care so much about skin color. A person is a person whether they are black, white, beige, blue, whatever, haha.

The experience? Sure, we have our differences, but it's not bad. Of course, I've gotten a lot of stares from people when going out with my ex bf's. Judgmental stares. I went out with a friend of mine who's white and we went out for lunch because we have senior privilege at our school so we can go out for lunch and while just having some pizza and chit chatting with each other, multiple people stared at us like we were animals in a zoo. It was ridiculous. People crack jokes about us. It's sometimes annoying having to deal with other people and their views, but in the end, I still don't care. I will date who I want to date and it's only mine and my boyfriends views that matter.

• Well I'm glad that you know what you want in A relationship and out of a person. That's how it's supposed to be when establishing any kind of relationship. If you are a good person then that's what matters. It's crazy how we can't even have diverse group of friends without these dated minds judging us. But thanks for sharing. Your story was great!

• Many times. It's honestly not a big deal at all for me. But I grew up in an area predominantly black. So culturally I'm comfortable. I'd say the biggest issues with any race would be culture and family. The public is used to it now and are non-issues.

• Nope, I've never dated outside of my race. Not intentionally, just that's how the cookie has crumbled.

• I have not, but I'm not opposed to it.

• Yes I have. And in fact, I'm white with a quarter Mexican and I'm really in love with a Filipino. But why hate? Why would it matter? With love that stuff doesn't matter ❤️

• I don't know about race but I'm down to marry any culturally somali guy which is extended to italian/pakistani/indian/arab/bantu who are nationally somali and speak somali

with dating: African, middle eastern and Asian. i would say white but there's not a lot of white people where i live

• I've never dated outside my race. Sometimes I think about the problems that interracial couples face and I'm worried about them.
    My biggest fear is finding a racist family or racist friends. It would be hard to maintain a relationship under these conditions.
    But I still I would date outside my race if I really liked the guy and if my skin color wasn't a problem for his family.

• I understand. Some people don't know how to live and let live. I hope that if it does happen, that u will have a wonderful experience

• No problem. If it feels right and if he treats you right, then go for it! No matter what the race!

• You're absolutely right! I will keep that in mind.

• um yeah!

• Nope I haven't

• Yep. I'm white and date Hispanic or Asian men or a mix of white with Hispanic. White guys just aren't attractive in my opinion.

• I've dated/am dating outside of my race and it's not as scary as people like to think.

• That's good to know! Thank you for posting!

• I have. My ex is white.

• That's cool. Thank you for sharing.

• I'm a white American and dated a Hispsnic Argentine in college. Race didn't cause any problems for us, though if we'd stayed together, the fact that our families lived in different countries would have.

• I dated a guy who was out of my race once. He was really sweet, but he was my best friend, so..

• Lol yeah I understand! Thank you for sharing

• Yeah, no problem :)