When meeting someone from the net are they usually better or worse in real life

so I meet this girl for the first time in real life last nigth , I had first seen her on Facebook a few months back and though she was pretty . but wow I saw her last night at a nightclub downtown and this wasn't a planned meeting we just ran into each other and I recognised her and we meet etc . but yeah she was way better in real life than I could of even dreamed of , just stunning and a 10 out of 10 . but I don't know if it always turns out that good and often people aren't the same from net to real life , this grl turned out to be better but sometimes it can be other way .

so based on your experiences which is it often

• Better than expected
  • Same as on net
  • Worse than expected

Most Helpful Girl

• I met this guy on webcam that I had been talking to online. He was different to talk to than he had been through messaging and I also thought he was less attractive in real life.

Another guy I met via online and then later in real life, was the same. He was exactly the same in real life and I thought it was awesome to finally be meeting him in person.

I have also met a girl from online and she was cool. She was different than I had expected but we still became friends.

So you see, most of the time, the person is not what you expect. So it's risky business. I think it can be fun, as long as you play it safe.

What Girls Said 6

• yeah just take the time to get to know someone. I think that guys are always going to appear like the good guy when they're online and they might just be the right guy but it's hard though behind a screen to know if what they say is really true

• I think I have had it 50/50 with the people being their true selves.

I met a guy online. Looked completely different than his picture (so much hotter in real life!), acted completely different than he did through e-mails, not in a bad way, just unexpected, and he def. treated me a lot worse after hanging out a few times.

I've known him for almost a year now and we have our ups and downs. He is VERY secretive and kinda sends red flags up about certain things instead of being his old charming, flirtatious self. I don't know, he's an odd one. I still am pretty happy with him though.

I also met a girl online. Strictly platonic, of course. She was everything she appeared to be online. Warm, caring, funny, absolutely gorgeous, smart... We're getting to be really close friends now and I am so glad I met her.

• It varies sooo much... I have a met a good deal of people online. My boyfriend of 1 and a half years I met online, and he wasn't what I expected visually on seeing him but he was sooo much more in other ways that the computer just can't give you a feel for.

I've also met a guy that looked exactly the same but just acted so awkward in person it was horrible.

And others that were the same. One that ended up being overweight...

it's such a mixed bag...

It's splendid when you meet someone whose even better in person..

• that they turn out to be worse than what you think

• Girls tend to look different and guys aren't as nice as they claim to be

• Worst than expected.

What Guys Said 7

• I went through an entire online dating phase in the last couple years and here's my take.

MOST people are going to make themselves out to be more attractive then they might actually be (physically or personality-wise, or both)

.

But some are actually better in real life.

Let's just talk numbers real quick and say out of every 5 girls I would talk to online, 3 would end up being worse/totally fake in real life, and 2 would end up being what I expected/better.

Online dating is a gamble, just keep that in mind.

• to be honest till now only good. but I think going out out and meet some people how live in same city is just much better as its better because its closer and of course you meet them allot and you know them good. It's just makes you win time and saves you allot of drama time and effort.

• For the most part, worse. Everyone isn't entirely honest most of the time. That's not to say you can't find someone genuine however. It's just a little harder. And a lot easier to lie.

• ive had times where I have had great experiences meeting someone form online then I have had bad ones. it just depends on the person and how they act online compared to irl. I act the same on both and try not to give any fasle impressions so they know what they are getting into

• Well, that depends. People that you converse with on the internet, can be anyone they want to be. They can come across as being a kind, caring, individual, but when you meet them, if you do, they can be something else. You can't see their facial expressions, body language, or anything. Granted, there have been many positive aspects to where to people that have met online have done so in real-life and it's worked out. I know of some people that have met their significant other in such places as chat rooms. So, that being said, it works both ways.

• They might be more attractive but what Facebook profiles do is create someones best image, not who they really are. That's just been my experience

• Facebook profiles can do that but this girl was actually way better than her fb profile so I was really wowed and pleasantly pleased , but being the type of girl she is I doubt I have much chance of a relationship with her but it was nice to at least meet her and realise there is girls like her out there and available

• Dude, quit being so defeatist. If you want her, GO GET HER.

• In my opinion most of them, above 90 %, look worse in real life, because you upload image when all your mistakes aren't visible :) Talking about their character in real life: various. Some better, some worse.