Guys who are afraid of rejection are doomed... right?

If a guy is too scared to approach a girl and/or ask her out, then the chances of him ever getting in a relationship are basically 0. Anyone else agree?

By the way, I'm this kind of guy 😓😅 been single for 26 years

Most Helpful Girl

• Pretty much yes, since they never try. How do they expect to eventually succeed?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• Break out of it sooner than later, the chances of finding the right girl by accident are astronomically slim. I think there's something about being young and socially anxious that really hinders people like yourself but I think you're missing out. I've always been horrible at approaching strangers and starting a conversation out of the blue. But it's more important to be comfortable and not be awkward and anxious while talking to women and that mostly comes from regular interaction with them.

Joining social groups/events that are mixed can be a good way to practice. I had a lot of this in my late teens but eventually I got over the whole fear of rejection. You have to learn to roll with the punches and you are by no means a lost cause. Look up social anxiety & cognitive behavioral therapy, it might save you a lot of stress.

• Yeah I can't hold a conversation, I'm bad at it. I also haven't had any friends in over a decade, so that kind of makes my problem even bigger.

My location really contributes to this, because I live in a tiny town with not many people. Males outnumber females by 2:1 and I can notice this when out in public. What groups should I join?

• Yeah that would be a problem unless a girl approaches you, there is always getting to know someone online first then finally meeting

• True but I've tried online dating sites and have had 0 luck. Maybe dating overall isn't for some guys (like me)

• It is tuff at times but as you get older it may get easier for you just need to break out of the shyness part and leave your comfort zone one in awhile

• I really believe that it's a skill - and like any skill, you need to understand the theory and then practice it until you get good at it!!

Of course it's hard, but most people go through it, right? You can do it, man!!

• Yeah. You have to overcome your fear of rejection. What's the worse that can happen?

• yes because 99 percent of the time, girls will never approach a guy