Am I Over-thinking Things?

So there's this guy. We've been friends for about five months and "dating" for about three weeks. I put dating in quotes because I'm not sure exactly what we are. Before we began to go out, he told me he wasn't looking to get involved in anything too serious because he wants to move out of state within the next year or so. And at this point in time I'm not looking for anything super serious either, but I also told him I wasn't interested in being friends with benefits, I needed a little more than that. And we basically agreed that we could date as long as we keep things light and don't try to label things. The thing is I enjoy his company a lot. We do lunch together every single day. We joined a sports team together. He's brought me around all his friends. And he's very affectionate with me when we're alone. We makeout, we cuddle, he kisses my forehead and stares into my eyes. We haven't had sex yet, though I am really wanting (and planning) to soon. Though there's always that nagging voice which makes me hesitate. The fact that he doesn't treat me as more than a friend in front of his friends (though in fairness I am not normally a PDA person either and haven't tried), but it doesn't seem like he's told his friends we're dating either and that's the part that makes me wonder a little more. Plus I'm a worrier and I'm afraid that if we start a sexual relationship, I might end up getting too attached and feeling more hurt when things never get serious and he eventually moves. I've only been with two men in my life, and both times was in a stable relationship, so sex just tends to be a more involved thing for me. What I'm wondering is, should I just go with it, am I overthinking things, or am I right to have hesitations?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, at the point of you saying: but it doesn't seem like he's told his friends we're dating either and that's the part that makes me wonder a little more.. You said you both agreed to keep things light. Just take a step back and hopefully realize that you have a good thing going :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0