What are signs a guy wants something serious with a girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• He stays in regular contact with you. You do not wonder why he isn't texting, for example. And by regular contact I don't necessarily mean everyday, but throughout the week. He treats you like a close friend, as anyone has more of a commitment to their close friends. An exception to this is it the guy is just needy/subject to infatuation.
    Even a reasonable person might initially go unreasonably out of their way to be with you the more they like you. For example a guy that is dead tired & needs rest delaying that to hang out with you might be a sign he is interested in a serious relationship. Or a guy who only has a short, inconvenient amount of time to see you and does anyway.

If it seems like when he isn't with you one of the things on his mind is you & being with you, it is a sign that he is interested in committing to something serious. Maybe this is just me though.

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally , these are some signs I look for:

⚫How reliable he is
    ⚫If he wants to get to know me personally. does he want to know who I am as a person
    ⚫When he talks about his future , I also feature in
    it
    ⚫He is open about his feelings and his life, because he wants me to get to know him too
    ⚫The relationship should progress as feelings develop
    ⚫Plus, he lets me know where I stand with him
    ⚫He wants to see me regularly and keeps in regular contact.
    ⚫Considers my feelings
    ⚫ No matter how busy he is he'll make an effort to see me or contact me

• Hm these are good ones!

• the irony is that if there's too much of any of these then its a turn off.

• @OmaiBakaDayo

Then it would be a turn off if he didn't show me sings of interest. These are just examples... not a criteria

If i don't see signs of a guys interest , then why would i waste valuable feeling & emotions on him

What Guys Said 29

• He waits until marriage for sex.

• I guess that means I never want anything serious with a girl ever in my life.

• @Mesonfielde You're as serious as you want to be, not as serious as you can be.

• I'm just as serious, I just have different priorities in order

• For one thing, he won't try to initiate having sex with the girl too soon. He doesn't want to give the impression that sex is all he wants. That doesn't mean that he won't lean in to kiss the girl at the end of their first date, but he won't be pushing to sleep together too soon.

• I can relate!

• BS - all guys want is sex. Otherwise it's just friends. Sex is what makes a romance, and what makes a girl attractive. If you're not compatible in the bedroom it will never work.

• I totally agree

• Aa guy wants to go out with you. Every little thing matter to him like being around you. Most important he want to know about who you are, your birthday, things you like, and your favorite color so he can surprise you for special occasion. Those are the signs of a guy liking who want to be with you.

• 1. I'd say to each his own
    2. Language, terms and signs of expression vary from person to person
    3. When I'm serious about someone then I'll probably be joking around and teasing her a lot that is most times misunderstood to be not taking her seriously lol
    4. It's all about your gut feel and ways of judging right from wrong kind of stuff :)

• personally I think its many things, if he wants to take things slow its a good sign, getting to really know someone before you jump in is a sign of wanting something long term in my opinion along with what everyone else has said about listening etc etc are all good signs I also think if you can pick up that he has good boundaries and is confident in what he can bring to something serious (without being arrogant) then you are into something good =).

• The way he looks at her
    the way he makes her feel
    the compliments and constant love
    when he cuddles her, and does things first
    when he asks to meet your family/you meet his family
    he asks you if you are comfortable before doing anything
    he asks you, "can i?" if he is reaching down, or up or anytime
    he doesn't want you just for SEX
    he is there in the good and the bad
    he cares for you and he constantly checks up on you
    and if you are in school he will skip, leave, or doing anything he can to go in your class and be there, FOR YOU! even of he already had that class, XD

• How he looks at you, his intentions, how he listens stuff like that and of course him telling you.

• Age 19 neither one of you are ready to be married. So serious to me means you want to stay together, be monogamous, and eventually consider a marriage.

How old is your guy? Men under about 25 are not ready to be married. You can likely find one to be steady, but mentally they are just not ready.

An older guy may well be looking for a mate - someone to spend their life with. They generally have enough maturity to be able to discern what they realy like and whether they're wanting something permanent. THEY WILL LET YOU KNOW.

When you have discussions about how you two feel and what your future is, what is he saying? Is he interested in that or not? How does he feel about family?

There are two types of guys - the alphas and the betas. The alphas are fun and exciting and know how to make your juices flow, the betas will worship you. Don't ride the cock carousel then expect you'll find a 'nice guy' to settle down with. They're not gonna want you after that. Sad but true.

• Simple

All of the above that you want in a guy, or close to it... but most importantly he sticks arounds and pays attention to you

Simple as that, lets not make it complicated

• He legitimately gets to try to know u. He wants to the know the luttle details about u. If he more concerned about getting in pants then ur general being being, u should move on

• -kisses you on the cheek when he really should be giving you a kiss on the lips, props to the poor bastard.
    -obviously talks to you each day
    -you begin to get intimate about each others lives
    -you both enjoy each others company
    -he wants to move further into a relationship, this part is hard i imagine because you are standoffish in terms of kissing. its your rodeo, you do it.

• He talks about other things than sex ;)

• It's all in how he looks at you

• Hmm yeah I agree, could you elaborate though please?

• Well look at you, smart girl; a VERY fun read: www.amazon.ca/.../0199552800

• @Mesonfielde I kind of thought you were asker, hence why I referred to you as a smart girl. Didn't tag you though, so here: www.amazon.ca/.../0199552800

If you haven't read it, know it is a book on personal agency. Lots of stuff to think about, agree with and maybe disagree with.

• He talks about you and him together. Doing things. going places.

• Hi loves listen,
    There are certain things which are common in behaviour if a boy is serious with a girl:-
    He will find situation where he can make her happy
    He will try to protect her.
    He will be jealous if that girl talks about other guy.
    He will try to be nice to the person which are dear to the girl.
    He will do homework for her :p :D
    a lot other.

• He puts off sex

• Caring !

• He will actually hold you after sex
    He wants to hang out often
    Let's you meet friends and family
    Romantic

• He says it lol. Honestly. Guys don't give subtle signs like women do, we are much more direct.

• He'll share emotional things with you too and not just sexual that's the key.

• A very simple sign, he would tell you about it at some point.

• if he actually starts caring

• Love, jealousy etc

• when he tells you that he does

• but you have to put in the effort to get that cause you can't expect it to come to you freely

• Erections 😂😂😂

• His dick gets hard lol

• women are to be used and discarded. serious and girl dont go in the same sentence.

• Lol okay ;) sounds like someone's a tad bitter 😂

• use and discard. thats all your worth. u are bitter because you know you'll be used and discarded. unless you find a beta faggot to place you on a pedestal.

• When he sits behind you in a movie theater and rubs his wiener on the back of your head.

• where is the downvote button when u need it? Looool XD :P

• @HookingSwan I'll press your button baby...

• Well he will do this. *walks up to you holds your waist and looks you in the eyes* and says something to compliment you.

What Girls Said 11

• Meeting friends and family

Some affection in public and in front of his friends (hand holding, arm on shoulder etc)

Makes plans for future dates, like "this summer, we should go to the beach"

Opens up about himself, let's the guard down a little

Listens to you, doesn't just hear you. He'll reference something you said in another conversation, like "I saw this shirt in green; you said that was your favorite color "

Sex isn't the destination of your dates. It may happen, but isn't a goal of the date

Asks genuine questions about you, deep ones like your thoughts on things. In the same vein, he asks your opinion on things that involve his life.

Just a few that popped to mind.

• I guess he follows her around?

• Um.

Mentioning you or introducing you to his family and friends is one of the best indicators that he wants to be exclusive with you. When a guy is not serious about someone, he will not take the time to integrate them into his world.

When he introduces you to his friends and family, make sure you pay attention to the way he introduces you to them. Nothing better clarifies whether or not he wants something serious than him telling them about you, and what you mean to him.

^.^

• If he looks at you with loving eyes.
    Caring about what happens to u , Not forcing u to have sex with him , listens to u when u two have an arguments , tells u he loves u often , hugs u outside , holds ur hand , tells his friends that u r his girlfriend , annddd The Big proof that he wants smth serious is when he asks u to meet one of his family members Or better HIS PARENTS lol

• Some signs are
    - he isn't dating other girls while he is seeing you
    - he lets you meet his family.
    - he checks with you before making his own plans.
    - he asks about your past
    - he pays attention to small things about you
    Of course of these are sure-fire signs, but they mean more than him saying "I want something serious"

• Well, first of all there's a difference between the guy really being into you and enjoying your company and him wanting something serious at all.
    I guess guys care more about the moment. If everything is calm, nice and comfortable, it's good for them, they won't push to much for it to become something serious.
    If they see some/feel sort of competition, they might feel inspired to try harder and keep the girl, perhaps with a commitment.
    The sings are all what people have said before.

• He tells you about himself
    He wants to know about you
    He tells his friends about you
    He puts other things aside to be with you
    He smiles whenever he sees you
    He tells you without you prompting it

• Actions speak volumes. It's how he treats you. You'll feel it.

• He talks to you every day

• buy her house

• He pays attention to every single detail of her personality.
    He remembers the things she told him.
    He doesn't compliment her only in a superficial way, but he shows her that he appreciates her character as well.