Is my boyfriend jealous, caring or possessive? Help?

Okay so me and my boyfriend have been together nearly two years now. When we first got together all his friends said how lucky he was to get me. It all went so well but the relationships not so perfect sometimes.

my boyfriend has started acting strange he gets angry if I do something really nice with my makeup and hair or dress sexy (never revealing sexy though I have respect) when out so I don't show him up. But when I don't dress sexy or very girly he always hints where this and that.
Another thing is he says where I can and can't work and to quit my waitress jobs because I get tips off older men which is inevitable, I'm not flirt.
He hates when I go to college and make an effort he goes in a mood all day and says I dress up for other guys. What's going on?

Most Helpful Guy

• ""Another thing is he says where I can and can't work and to quit my waitress jobs because I get tips off older men which is inevitable, I'm not flirt.
    He hates when I go to college and make an effort he goes in a mood all day and says I dress up for other guys.""

I would not put up with that. He is clearly not mature enough and also is too sexist to maintain a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds kinda of possesive and abusive.

What Guys Said 3

• Possessive and controlling it sounds like to me. This is dangerous behavior. It's likely to only get worse and usually when abuse starts. I don't know this guy, I may be wrong but based on what I read here that's what it sounds like to me.

• He is one of the text book definitions of abusive.

• Caring because he loves you

What Girls Said 4

• He is a controlling, possessive ass hole and these are major red flags that he is a high risk individual for abuse down the road.

• He's got some problems. I don't think he knows what he wants. It sounds like possessiveness and jealousy combined. Don't let him control you

• That's pretty possesive. He can't tell you what to wear or not to wear and he can't tell you to quit your job, it is your life and you need to tell him too back off a little.

• Jealous and possessive.. I don't know. Either way it's a red flag. Those are not positive emotions. And you should realize this now before it gets too far into the relationship. Talk to him about it.. And if nothing changes, you may have to be drastic. But these aren't good