Why is it expected of the guy to ask the girl out?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's traditional. I am a traditional girl with this. I don't do the asking. They do. I mean, I make it crystal clear that I am into them. Yeah, guys hate hints, but I'm not a girl who is shy about things. I won't flat out say I like you, but my actions will show all. It's up to them to take a leap of faith and ask me out.

• It is common to think this way?

• Why do you think you can just wait until someone asks you out? How is that fair?

• @93stepsawayfromhome I never said it wass fair... I'm allowed to wait for someone to ask me out just as that same someone is allowed the decision on whether they want to ask or not. I'm not forcing the guy to ask me out. I'm just saying that if he wants to date me, he's going to have to say the words. He doesn't have to ask me out if he doesn't want to. If he wants a girl that'll make the first move then he can find one.

Like I said, my actions will speak louder than any of my words possibly could. For example, I like a guy and I wanted him to be my prom date. I told him I didn't have a date after he told me he didn't have one and ba-da-boom ba-da-bing, he asked me to prom. I gave him all the ammo to ask me. He just had to pull the trigger.

Life's not fair. Oh well. If I like a guy, one way or another, I'll make sure he knows it. I just won't say it.

Most Helpful Guy

• stupid culture that existed in the past and although many women are trying to break the trend, it is still there. Think about it, back in the day the women were protected and opressed so the man had to always ask the lady out (or back then it would be marriage). It is still like this in some cultures today. Although women are free i think old customs are still ingrained. It is like non religious people who still want to get married in a church, they do it for tradition even though they do not want to be married under god.

What Girls Said 8

• in a word, tradition.

• I don't expect guy to ask me out. I asked guy out one time... It went badly

• Probably not as bad as when I tried to ask a girl out. Would you prefer a guy you like to ask you out or vise versa?

• She showed me lots of potential signs that she liked me, so I tried to ask her out directly. She literally just walked away, gave me no response and didn't even share eye contact with me. I wished she said no, because I wouldn't have to keep thinking about it.

• 😖 ok that is worse than mine.
      That's awful, sorry dude

• Because boys are considered more direct and girls well are more complicated and don't know their own feelings this is from what I've heard don't judge cuz im gonna ask me guy friend out next week I think I dunno... could you check out my most recent question please haha I dunno what to do and what I just put is true and actually a perfect example of what I mean

• It's just tradition. Occasionally you get a girl who wants to break tradition and make the first move but not often. Back in the day it was the guys job to take the initiative to ask the girl on a date and it was seen a very sweet gesture. A girl just wants to feel special in that way. It boosts her confidence and makes her feel wanted rather than making her feel like she has to chase a boy to get him.

• Omg I lov

• Omg I love this question!*

I always wait for the guy to ask me out.

It just shows they're really interested and for us girls we're told that when we're younger, a guy that likes you.. will ask you out. So if we do the asking it just confuses us even more about this dating thing!
      I'm not saying that I would never ask a guy out, but I always feel like its just better if its left up to them.

• I think U should only ask her out if she flirts with U a lot. Don't waste ur time otherwise.

• Old traditions. Gender roles. Media.

• Boys chase girls.

What Guys Said 11

• social constructs perhaps

• Women are lazy, LOL... The old fashion/ antiquated way they were brought up. The girl is the one that does the choosing (for the most part) so I think they should be the one to ask. The chances of them getting rejected is a lot smaller than a guys chances. Plus I only go for aggressive girls.

• I disagree with the ladies word "traditional", more like "old fashioned thinking" and they don't have to risk anything. They can pick and choose to their liking.

• Because girls cling to the archaic tradition of being approached. It's a remnant from society's patriarchal days that just won't die. A lot of girls as a result are submissive and see male dominance over them as attractive.

• Girls are raised to be like little 'princesses' who feel entitled to the world. That everything will be brought to them by men, from protection, material goods, and even love.

It's a sad state of affairs for society today.

• Because of culture. Long ago peope decided that the guys should pursue women and its been like that ever since.

• Lol @ "tradition", it's fucking biology.

Men are hypogamous while women are hypergamous by nature. Because of this, women neither want or need to ask guys out.

• Why would some girls ask guys out then?

• Why do some millionaires shoplift? It's an abnormality, just leave it at that.

Your thinking pattern has to be very square to even ask such a question

• Stupid, worthless, traditional gender roles.

• Because most people had and still do have very low standards for girls. they don't think they are capable of doing so, which is why the guys do it.

• Because we are the hunters so it will always be deeply ingrained and it's what is expected of us still by most

• Because society is gynocentric and gynosympathy is the way of the feminist lands...

Men are not just discriminated against in this way, but in almost every other way as well. Women are supposed to be given special treatment because they are good... men are supposed to be treated like shit because we are bad.

This is the narrative of feminists. It is fake and FACTUALLY bogus

• How would this come about in a world run by the masculine?

• this is more FACTUAL BS you've been told. In the entire west, men are 2nd class citizens by law, social standards and institutions