Is Tinder out of date in 2016 and beyond?

Or Tinder is only useful for attractive males? I have only gotten three matches that are legit profiles after starting to use it for a little more than a month. None of my matches messaged me back. Most of the others are certainly bots and a couple of prostitutes.

The friend who was raving to me about Tinder told me to just swipe right on every profile until I run of likes for the day to see what I can get. He said if I set my photos and write my bio in the right way, I should get at least one match per day. I don't really want to do that because I don't want to end up leading anyone on by not messaging them or cut ties with them out of the blue. I know there are women out there who actually take Tinder more seriously than they should.

I am nowhere near being the most attractive guy in the world. I don't want to take Tinder too seriously, but it would be nice to get just a few matches consistently. Hopefully that will boost up my confidence in real life with women.

I am not looking to hook up because I do not want my first kiss to be with someone I am hooking up with...

Most Helpful Girl

• I found my boyfriend on Tinder. However I was on Tinder for a good 6 months before finding him on there. It really requires patience. Tinder can be cruel. But you never know when that one person will show up on there and be your soul mate :)

• You need 6 months to find worthwhile experiences on Tinder?

• I obviously went on dates with different guys till I found my right match.

• That makes more sense.

Most Helpful Guy

• Only EXTREMELY good looking men score matches and dates on Tinder.

I'm not at all interested in hookups, but a year aho2, I tried Tinder just out of curiosity (had no plans of following up with my matches). I did what your friends told you. Swipe right on EVERY female profile. Did that for a friggin' whole month, and ZERO matches!

Now, I may not be the best looking man around, but I'm certainly not the worst looking either. So yeah, in case of men, Tinder only works for those who look as good as a Brad Pitt or a Tom Cruise.

• Yeah I am contemplating on stop using Tinder until I have like really really good pics.

• Yeah, stop using Tinder, but forever. Instead, try other, proper dating sites like Ok Cupid, Match. com etc.

What Girls Said 3

• Tinder is a hookup site so the women on there are going to have high standards. Try a different dating site.

• I thought tinder was for hookups. Maybe message something different

• My advice? Try Hinge. It promotes itself as the "Tinder for relationships" and the guys I've met on there have been SO much better than Tinder. Tinder is *usually* for hook ups; not always, but I would try somewhere else.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't know, I've started using tinder recently, and I am now dating a girl that I met there. I also have 2 other girls that I used talk to and could meet if it wasn't for my interest for the girl I am currently seeing.
    They are all super pretty too!
    So tinder has been great, however!
    I've been getting a whole lot more likes back if I superliked
    And I use the 1 super like I get daily wisely! hahaha

• Are you sure man? Not that I am trying to say you are a liar. What you described sounds a little bit too ideal, that's all.

• Hope it helps :)

• Yes it helps. Thanks!

• I haven't tried Tinder yet, only because I've heard it's more of a hook up site. Anyway I'm not sure if that will boost your confidence irl. For me it was just coming out of my shell and approaching women years ago. Lots of rejection but also lots of reward.

• Anything helps. Right now I have absolute confidence issues. When I was younger, I was too stupid to realize that I don't stand a chance with girls with no car, no money, no muscles. Therefore, I had a lot of balls to approach girls in my first two years of college. I have a car now by the way. But the money and muscles part, not so good. The older I get, I realize how low my value really is. Sure you don't need all those to get a girlfriend. Unfortunately, these are the things that catches women's attention in their 20's. Therefore, I have stopped approaching girls until I upgrade myself to become just a little more perfect.

I don't want to get too off topic here. My confidence is really low at this moment. It will be nice to have something to boost up my confidence. Just something small will do. I don't need to suddenly get laid everyday right now. Well, I never really need to get laid everyday at all, just making an example.

• From your update, forget tinder. Try eharmony.

• So even if girls say they are not looking for hook up, it can still be just a lie?

• I don't look for anything serious out of Tinder. I just hope to gain more opportunities to practice communicating with girls. That's all. I choose Tinder for that because it's so simple to use. I don't even anticipating meeting them in person.

It's most likely my ego. But I did vow that I rather be single forever than using online dating. I just don't like the idea of online dating. I think a real relationship should begin by two people meeting each other in real life.

• If you don't like online dating, fine. But if so, don't do online dating.

You are wasting people's time. That is rude.

• I've used tinder and have gotten a good number of dates. I've used it on and off for like 2 years and probably actually met like 10 of my matches. I thought I was a pretty average looking guy

• Yeah, Tinder's pretty useless now. Most people on there aren't looking to hook up as much as get validation from the opposite sex.

• I mean Tinder is just so simple in terms of usage.

• only for guys since they have to pay for it.

• Everyone just needs to stop using Tinder.
    People aren't fast food items.

• This is why we are a society FULL of Sociopaths. Because nobody looks at each other as people, they look at each other as objects to use for their own needs. Completely detached from emotions and void of any true intimacy.

• I agree. People ONLY care about the face or body they wake up to every morning. Now I am not saying looks mean nothing at all. Believe me I wish looks in the opposite gender is of 0 importance. But if a really hot woman turns out to be a total bitch, I am gone. I would want nothing to do with her.

• Ditto on that one @Asker

• Only the top 10% of guys get laid/matches on tinder, dont beat yourself up

Personally i get laid by 1-2 girls a month just writing "wanna fuck?" to all my matches

• But when was that? Around a year ago or just recently?