What is so wrong with being single?

People keep asking me "Do you have a boyfriend?" and when I say "no," they try to convince me to get one. Sometimes try to hook me up with someone even when I do not want to be in a relationship. Anyone else experience this? It's really annoying.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey, could be worse. I've had attempted arranged marriages a few times.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol, nothing, haha. I love being single. Commitment scares the shit out of me and having a boyfriend is far too stressful. I just want to be free from all of that stress. I like being with friends. When I have a boyfriend, it's really hard to split my time between friends and them. I wouldn't be able to hang out with my friends as much. The single life is awesome.

What Guys Said 17

• I guess your friends care enough to try shit like that.

all it takes is a polite no thank you, I am completely content with my life.

• Many people can't handle being single and think it's a problem for them. So they assume it must be a problem for other people as well and are trying to "help" them with the problem of being single.

Yes, it's very annoying.

• I feel like if you find someone who is a really good match for you, then they'll make your life better.
    So... that's better than being single.

• There's nothing wrong with it, it just seems so natural for people to have partners that everyone assume we should have one.

• People eventually stop asking and assume you are gay or anti-sexual or a "clinger" and maybe someone who is sensitive who never wants to get attached again because they were too heart broken... bottom line is, you stop caring and the people you are close to stop caring as well.

• All single people get this and yes extremely annoying. A lot of people believe you have to be in a relationship to be "truly" happy which is ridiculous. Especially if it's not the right person and you're just in a relationship to be in one.

• Well nobody can be truly happy single. They can be content, but being content is not the same as being happy. How can one be truly happy being lonely and without being in love. People who claim to be truly happy being single are just lying to themselves. Deep down everyone wants to be in love and be loved in return. It's human nature. Depriving yourself of love and choosing to be single will never make you happy. You might be content, but not happy. Sadly, feminism has brainwashed many western women into choosing the single life, and this explains why depression and mental illness has rapidly increased in recent decades because people are not truly happy.

• I get that too, but it might be worse for women. Some people are so incapable of enjoying themselves that they'd rather be in a horrible relationship than single. In my experience, these people also don't know the value of platonic relationships, so they don't really make good friends.

• yeah im a single guy pretty much and its the same for me i can't get validation with some people as a "real man" both male and female unless im banging a girl every second day or in a relationship.

Sorry to say but I have and want higher persuits in life which some of them can't understand : )

• Those people regard relationships as a title, social standing.

• I have been experiencing it. But listen.. May u dont want to have relationship just for fun, u think its a very serious thing and should not play with someone 's emotions like me. Dont hook up with just anyone. Pick the cherry from a cake. Do it only with whomever u feel is right gor u.

• Nothing is wrong

• being single is the best if u do it right and live it up! if u dont, u just get lonely and bored.. people who are in love with their gf/bf are happy with it and want u to have the same feeling, but it just looks cocky and stupid of them.

• being single is nice. but committing to being single forever is something only a unique person can do like me.

i walk this earth alone, with the weight of my mind on my shoulders

• I've been single all of my life, I've never had a proper, meet the parents serious girlfriend. And it's okay, a bit lonely but it beats fighting in a bad relationship

• As a happily single, I hear that all the time. With time, you start enjoying scandalizing people with the idea you are single and intend to continue so. At least , I do. But maybe I'm a little sadistic so who knows? :D

• nothing.

it means that only those in relationships win in life, even if they have nothing else going for them...

What Girls Said 12

• Drove me nuts for most of my twenties. I really couldn't care less about having a relationship until my late 20s. Even then I wasn't that concerned and it really pissed me off how many people would express pity toward me for being single as if it's the worst thing know the world. Even more annoying when it came from people who were in shitty relationships! There are plenty of things that are way worse than being single, and being in the wrong relationship is chief among them.

• I think it's nice of them to ask and, if you want a boyfriend, offer to set you up. That I'm lucky enough to experience as well. But when I tell them that I'm happy with my life as it is and am not looking for anything right now they back of so I don't really find it annoying :)

• LOL i know wth!
    i wanna go all pussycat dolls "i don't need man" on those people.

• Nothing wrong. It just people begin nosy as F.

• Nothing wrong with being single. I've been single for 20 years and I am not complaining.

• Giiirl nothing is wrong... I have3 great guys after but its my year boyfriends are good and all but so is being single

• Yes, I have experienced this and sometimes it gets annoying. Some people seem to think there is something wrong with you if you're single, I don't know why. As long as you're happy being single then don't let what anyone else says affect you.

• Honestly, no.

• Yeah
    I go through this with my "friends" too
    It get really annoying.
    There ain't nothing wrong with being single boo
    I've been single for a long time and I'm doing pretty good

• Nothings wrong people are such in a rush to get in a relationship and then to get married and then to end up getting divorced within 5 years so there you go don't rush getting in to a relationship waste of time!

• Yes. They don't believe us. Lol. maybe because they can't imagine life without a significant other.

• It is annoying. And even more annoying if deep down you'd like to get into a relationship, but you just haven't found the right one. Just let it go and when you finally do get into a relationship heads will turn. No matter what people will talk so eh just let it slide...