Why girls on dating sites never reply?

I was just wondering, I deleted my account because it was getting ridiculous. Every message I sent was always about things that we had in common... They would check my profile and leave me hanging. I was very happy when one replied that she wasn't interested not because she replied but because she had the decency to tell me that. I respect that.

Most Helpful Guy

• because basically every girl gets like 1000 messages from random guys asking to have sex. that´s cause they don´t manage to read and reply to everything.

• I guess that makes sense, I wouldn't know from their side is... Anyways online dating is not worth it. I'd rather meet people in person

• I guess but hook ups is not my thing. I really like to be in a relationship now, but I'm not in a hurry.

• yeah same here xD

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 9

• It's always going to be frustrating - there are so many messages hitting almost any female user, you're doing pretty well if you just get as far as her looking at your profile as well as the message itself.

Apparently, guys have a bad habit of getting abusive when rejected, too, so a lot of women have learned the hard way to avoid sending rejection messages: it's actually safer for them just to ignore it quietly.

(What has puzzled me is when they suddenly drop a conversation even when *they* made the first move... at least once in the last year, I've had one where we had quite a lot in common... she messaged asking me some questions... I replied with answers and asked a bit more... then nothing. Maybe she didn't like the answers, but they weren't anything very telling. Maybe she found a better prospect in the mean time or something.)

• That makes sense too! If that's the case then it's the guys fault that girls became some complicated on online dating. Anyways it was an experience and from now on I rather do it the traditional way. I think it's better and way more fun than online dating.

• Yeah like some people have said that girls get so maby messages they get to pick who ever. .
    I would look to see if you can find any dating website that is set up so men can't send messages and women are the ones who have to message people. Iv heard there are a few and it make the women much more willing to engage and look at guys.
    Good luck and if that dosnt work you could hit that dating circuit (like the sspeed dating places) might have more luck in person

• It is great when she can give you that decency, yeah. But to be honest, I stay away from dating sites, and believe it or not by messaging women so much, we really only entertain their egos because they get built up on the idea that they have all these guys after them so they can choose who they want.

When I was on okcupid a few years ago, I liked to throw the females curveballs by putting on my profile all the types of women I'm NOT interested in. I would get many views to my profile from them, but none ever messaged, yet would look at my profile several more times! The curveball was when I messaged them to tell them I was impressed with something on their profile and hoped to talk some time, and left it at that. It puzzled them because they were expecting you to stroke their ego with a typical message, but when you left the other end open hoping to talk some time, that leaves it up to them follow up, which most are too proud to do because they think it "looks desperate."

• It's a scam. I think most are bots and the others just use it for ego boosts. I deleted mine too. It was irritating because I would get notifications girls "liked" me so I'd send them a message. No response and they didn't even look at my profile. Total waste of time and a scam.

• Because they weren't attracted to you. Simple as that. I was on 4 different dating sites long back and messaged a lot of girls but not one girl replied back to me so I had to give up on dating sites. Just cause it's online dating doesn't mean girls will lower their standards. If anything, they'll become more picky since there are way more guys in these sites and an average girl has a lot of guys messaging her so she'll usually only reply back to guys who she finds attractive.

• @microcephalicguy Cause girls never replied back, I'm a loser? Okay dude. I have a very promising career and a future which is something majority of the guys can't say about themselves but okay.

• Try Tinder and don't send messages about your common interests/goal or likes/dislikes just take a picture of your abs...

• Only easy/slutty women who tend to be a bit insane/instable will like a guy simply based on his looks/body. They are empty relationships that tend to be more hassle than beneficial.

• @UtopianLobotomy you nailed it.

• The combo of utopianlobotomy's post and his profile pic is killing me. :D

• girls always respond to me. but im extremely good looking.

chacha

confidence kills the ladies. get a grip of yourself guys grow a sack, fuck the bitches that dont respond.

tell them theyre ugly i promise you get a response

• It is because girls only go for looks and because most are fake profiles.

• A typical response rate for men messaging women on dating sites is around 20%. If you're not hitting 10%, I'd guess you're 'doing something wrong'.

Are you sending a few careful messages, blasting messages, or sending a fair number of custom messages?