Is he hiding something?

I've been seeing this guy for a few weeks and he's very active on social media. We are friends on Facebook and he had told me he had a twitter account but I'm not on twitter but decided to do a search on twitter.
His profile was public so I had a look I noticed some messages between him and his ex on there they weren't flirty she'd tagged him in a few things and he'd commented on a few things. I told him I had seen his Twitter account and asked if he was still friends with his ex, he told me they are but that she knows not to get involved in his life.
That's fine I am friends with one of my exes and we message each other on Facebook but that's it. The guy I'm seeing added that he isn't messing me about and that things are over between them. However I told my friends about it and was going to show them his Twitter and he's now set it to private which is odd as all his other social media is public.
My friends keep telling me he's hiding something and possibly using Twitter to stay in contact with her and trying to get her back. I just don't know if I've freaked him out and he thinks I'm snooping which I guess I did but he can look at mine and I have nothing to hide. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• i think you have a right to know where things stand. i do find this to be suspicious.

Most Helpful Girl

• I just think he felt uncomfortable with you snooping and maybe realized he doesn't want just anyone to see his twitter activity. If the tweets between him and his ex were clean before he made his acc private, I doubt anything has changed. If you're so worried, just make a twitter acc and follow him. But maybe you should sort out your trust issues first.

What Guys Said 1

• I think you might have freaked him out a bit. It kind of showed him you didn't trust him and that you were looking around at his stuff instead of taking his word on it.

What Girls Said 2

• Only one thing to do. Make yourself a twitter account and add him as a friend. If he doesn't add you, he is hiding something. If he does add you, it doesn't mean he isn't hiding anything but it's better than not adding you.

I think its really odd that he put his profile on private though. Very Very strange.

• It is very suspicious that he is hiding it, I would think he is hiding something but yes if he is talking to an ex I myself would be worried.