Do guys get intimidated and scared?

The guy I was interested in told me he cared about me a lot, I was perfect and wonderful and almost too good for him. Later after I really started to fall for him he told me he was afraid he would end up hurting me , he's intimidated by what other guys can offer me and is afraid he can't give me what I deserve and what other guys can and that we should no longer see each other because of this. Do guys REALLY get intimidated like this and would rather run from something instead of at least try? Is this just an excuse to let me down easy or do you think he's really just afraid and intimidated and scared to get hurt himself? How can I assure him that stuff doesn't matter and he's the one I have feelings for? I can tel he likes me because he's constantly flirting with me and acting jealous around other guys. Help!

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all I would say that for me, if I said that to you it would be 100% true. I wouldn't say that to let you down easy.
    I think he is full of insecurities.
    You need to tell him that what you want out of a man is someone who will love you. Not give you the big house and (blank). If you see him get jealous around other guys then tell him the things you see in those guys that you hate and that your man is giving you just what you need.

What Guys Said 5

• I had this situation the other way arround where the girls where intimitated and scared. Thou i wouldn't describe myself to good for them! The last girl was so shy and quite when i was the last time at her place, all she was doing is looking away to hide her blush. Unfortunatly she allude something like some guys are just too perfect. She never said she has feelings for me and I didn't want to pressure her in saying it. Because I told her that I have feelings. But nothing... So I decided that this would proably not work out because she had also some strong jealousy issues in the begin of our relationship. Three months late I am happy with this decision.

• Yes of course 💁🏻

• All. The. Time.

• no, never have been around women

• Okay so here's the thing , at this point in my life, college student, lower than average background saved money barely enough to get me through half of college... yeah i'd feel intimidated dating a a great girl who has guys wanting her and has money and everything after all i can ofer at this point is looks , and evne though i know many girls find me very good looking iam not sure if i can compete with other guys who have... everything else.

What Girls Said 1

• Of course they get scared. Rejection hurts a lot you know.