Did I rush into this relationship? How do I get out of this stressful situation?

I feel like a rushed into a relationship with a girl I like.

It was great at the time, but once I got home from the date, I felt my muscles tighten up, and I felt something that I don't usually feel, anxiety.

I don't wanna be the asshole who kisses a girl, and then breaks it off with her, but at the same time, I'm not sure if I'm ready to start into a full-on relationship.

I know that this is a silly thing to worry about, and it's an embarrassing problem to have, but I want to know what I can do.

Have any of you experienced something similar?

What Girls Said 1

• You should take some time on your own, it sounds like you need it. Just tell her that you're not interested into a full-on relationship. You didn't lead her on or something, it was just a kiss, it's not like you promised her a relationship.

What Guys Said 1

• Perhaps it was just something you felt at that particular moment? I mean, just get some sleep and if you wake up tomorrow with a clear mind and still have these thoughts, then perhaps you really are not ready for a relationship.

• That's exactly what happened. I went to sleep and woke up the next morning, still feeling the same. The question is, what now? What do I do, in a way that doesn't make me feel like a total asshole? That's the stressful part, I sort of feel trapped.

• Okay, thanks for listening. If that were to happen in the future, what would I say? Just that it isn't working out?

• Say how you feel - you don't think you're ready for such a responsibility.