Why does he always text me first but not ask questions to carry on conversation?

i'm dating this guy. we've been texting and he called me a few times too and we talked for hours on the phone until we fell asleep. he always texts me first everyday. but the thing i notice is he don't usually ask questions to carry on conversation. like he would say good morning beautiful i replied asked him something then he replied asked me something but after the first initial questions he doesn't ask questions anymore to continue the conversation. we went out on date last weekend and he asked me out again this Tuesday night.

do you think he's genuinely interested? or not really? what would he text me first but doesn't seem to get the convos going?

What Guys Said 2

• thats probably just how he texts. maybe he doesn't want to swamp you with questions. you should be able to keep a convo going without too many questions tho

• it looks like he prefers to converse over the phone, and not via text. he's just using text for what it is, to send a text or two to let u kno he's thinkin' about u. reasonable.

if u wanna talk, call him

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he's bored or he despises texting or he just doesn't know how to continue the conversation through texting.