Plenty Of Fish any good?

I recently decided to get back into dating and joined Plenty Of Fish dating website, just wondered if anyone had any good or bad experiances on there before I considered doing a payed subscription?

Quick update, things going well, asking as you dont mind having to message them first and can wade through the casual sex women its alright!

Most Helpful Girl

• My dad and my stepmom met on there. They're very happy together

• I don't think my dad ever upgraded to the paid version. He's very frugal and never wanted to feel like he needs someone to be happy.

• Yeah that's actually his favorite thing about being with my stepmom is that neither of them need each other. They could both survive completely without each other but they don't want to.

• Thanks for most helpful

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had luck on their
    last about a month or so but it's a fun time
    at least for me

• I'vee already struck up a few good conversations so im hopeful !

What Girls Said 4

• I was on there. Met my ex lasted quite a while. All the guys that paid came across as very creepy, don't do it!

• How did they come off as creepy?

• Haha everyone has their own needs I guess. Yes you're right, but it is sometimes hard when you are overwhelmed with messages. Some of these guys didn't even give me a chance to read through their profiles before jumping down my throat. I didn't really expect guys to chase it up and ask why I'm not responding. I've even asked guys what they'd prefer and they said they'd prefer if the girl didn't respond to them, cos they know where they stand.

I've never had any bad experiences as such. The last time I was on there I was talking to this guy one day he sent me recent pictures and he looked about 10 years older than what i'd seen on his profile. It happens... Good luck with POF life lol

• Ah well im not putting much emphasis on it as such, just seeing where it goes. Thanks for the realistic opinion of what to expect its appreciated.

• tbh - never heard of it but these kind of sites usually offer a trial run so you can see how it works out before you decided to join up.

• For women, for men not so much

• Thank you for honesty and being very observant

• I've heard that one is the worst...

What Guys Said 9

• i personally did not like it. i felt like it was more of a casual hookup site rather than a legitimate long term dating site... but i guess it all depends on what you are using it for or hoping to get out of it

• I've had great experiences from there. I've met some real great women. Some I still talk to

It depends how you use it. If you are a guy looking for a real relationship it will work for you very well. If you are looking for a one nighter it may or it may not.

• Definitely looking for a real relationship that lasts, you give me hope haha!

• It defiantly works. There are a lot of girls and most of them are looking to date. Don't ruin it like most guys by having sex talks. Keep it plutonic and you'll get a date for sure..

Get 2 or 3 great pictures and you're all set to go.. good luck bud

• No wouldn't do sex talks I normally keep it focused around hobbies and interests and see where it goes that's for the advice!

• I suppose if you catch some sure.

• If you like fat women, it might work just fine.

• Met my ex in there. Good luck

• Free dating websites are a waste of time. The women are there for an ego boost.

• IF you're fishing for whales, then sure, you'll find tons. (no pun intended)

• I've known a few people with success, but on average I've seen people have a lot more success with paid sites than free ones.

I don't think it's that the sites themselves are better, so much as the fact that a lot of people on free sites are not actually all that interested in meeting people. People who are putting cash down actually want to go on first dates, not just get a self esteem buzz off flirting or trying to get nudes.

• its pretty good but dating & relationships are in themselves, not good

• you are preaching to the converted haha, but best not to loose hope.

• only if you're a feminist