Would it be a big turn off if a guy you dated was a really late bloomer?

I grew up with severe depression, OCD and anxiety. It took me a long time, but I finally found treatment for those things. I'm 26, though I'm a really late bloomer.

Was a virgin until 23, never had a relationship, I live with my parents and I don't have a car. But the past year, 2015, I really worked on improving myself.

I lost 100 lbs. Paid more attention to hygiene and grooming. Went from being chronically unemployed to holding two part time jobs. Went from playing video games all day to having a healthy social life. Went from being really immature to being more attentive and understanding. I have more initiative and drive than ever.

I'm afraid women my age (as well as younger women) would see me as too far behind. In your honest opinion, is being this much of a late bloomer an issue for you?

What Girls Said 2

• This wouldn't bother me, as long as we were on the same maturity level and had the same values etc, it is only an issue if you make it one, be confident with the progress and changes you have made

• Honestly, I wouldn't care about that as long as we got along.

What Guys Said 1

• hey buddy,

dont worry about it, i was a late one too... i was very heavy and would tell myself why bother no girl will want you.
    i lost my v-card late too. but i started hitting the wieghts and lost a bunch of weight and when i found the right girl after that who actually liked that i was not some hound who was just looking for sex... and after a few years with her and we broke up things started to work out for me and im sure it will for you too.
    just find the right girl and it will all fall into place... any girl who won't want to be with you because your lack of experience is not the right girl for you